Something May Be Happening In The Very Near Future...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Maybe, but they're damn sure taking their sweet time getting there...

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I have to agree. That’s why you see things like emptyneyland gaining traction.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Stadium fills up even if he's fired Friday. I don't think it will happen, but it's possible.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Post script: he can't coach another game if there's even a chance this happened, not until proven innocent

5. Savage Orange

I guess it's easy for us to make the decisions from our living rooms but I keep thinking of how easily I'd be let go from my job for way less serious shit... of course my boss wouldn't owe me millions of dollars either...

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He shouldn't be involved with practices either. Wells, too.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Have to agree.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

1. Suspend the chain of command that let Kendrick in the game at minimum.
    2. ok. But they hate him.
    3. Butch is still employed, all of the media says he is still being evaluated and that a bowl game could save him. If you've got Gruden, then that is silliness. And most of the people that were bringing Gruden rumors said he was going to be fired on Monday. Also, the fact that Butch played a concussed player on Saturday suggests to me that he thinks he is still coaching for his job. (Of course, I want very badly to be wrong. I do trust that the info that you and the others are bringing to the board is from well connected people.)

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I have no sources, so what I am about to state is pure hope.

If the Haslams are taking care of the buyout, as rumored, then I'm okay with this thing dragging out a little as it appears that they are allowing Butch to continue to dangle in the wind to reduce the buyout as much as possible and now with the latest developments waiting to see if they can either fire him for cause or at least negotiate the buyout down even more... if and only if they have Gruden locked up.

If they don't and they hire Scott Satterfield or someone then
    ...well....you know

Guess we shall see....i still say he coaches the Vandy game unless they lose this weekend or something crazy comes out with the concussion stuff.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

homeowner was going to rebuild that section in a few weeks anyway and can save a little more out of pocket cost if he let's it burn a little?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If anyone on his staff wanted the interim tag, yes

12. Savage Orange

I was all in on the Gruden thing until the Kendrick story got legs... if he really was in the bag, no way Jones would be surviving this right now. Once the presser was over yesterday it was glaringly apparent he will be coaching in an empty Neyland this Saturday... and probably beyond.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not me. I've seen how you guys talk about UT coaches.

That would hurt my feelings.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm calling for your head after first positive yardage play.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Actually, this all makes sense now.

Carry on.

16. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Here is what I am hoping has happened/is happening:

- University leadership has an interim lined up and they have sent a letter to Jones and his agent/attorney stating that they are going to fire him for cause at noon Friday unless he agrees to a $2m buyout
    - a similar letter has been sent to wElls and/or whoever else played a negligent role in not noticing Kenrick's condition Saturday or in keeping him from medical personnel in any way.

I still think they put the university at great risk letting the same staff practice with players, but maybe they addressed that and we just don;t know.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ya see????

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure how he was supposed to have had the lawyers looking into firing for cause for ignoring a concussion before he actually ignored the concussion.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am calling for his head before he even takes the job.