Something May Be Happening In The Very Near Future...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Oct 31, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

JayVols for DC, BPV for OC, NYY for shower discipline coordinator, rbroyles for HC.

NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I do not want him to be incompetent. I want him to be the best AD in America. anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise.

3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I'll also add that at some point you have to make the decision and go with it.

There is no such thing as an "airtight" case for anything.
    the Kendrick incident gives you public cover and you roll with it as long as the attorneys say there is at least a prima facie case for doing whatever it is you want to do (fore for cause, reduced buyout, etc.).

You can get a law student to spend 20 hours researching "firing for cause among college football coaches" and it will give you all the information you really need to know.
    :eaders need to make a decision and do something.

dc4utvols likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Shouldn't they at least come out and suspend them, until the investigation is complete? At least you give the outward appearance of taking this shit serious.

Also, if they are investigating this then they have to believe that there was some negligence in the way the situation was handled. If that's the case, there is no way they can have Butch and/or Wells on the sideline Saturday. Imagine the fallout for the university if one of them were to do something equally as dumb against USM.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Based on what? He hasn't fired Butch fast enough?

6. CardinalVol

Not really, but ok.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, it isn't Saturday just yet

8. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

and somewhat less important, but still relevant: butch is talking about burning redshirts for one play.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And the situation this week. And what the K-state people seem to think of him. And the fact that I am starting to think we aren't getting Gruden and Florida is going to get their pick of the litter.

tvolsfan likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

We've got 54 hours and 45 minutes until kickoff by my clock.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Don't hold your breath.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You're a lot more connected than I will ever be but from a casual observers vantage point (and even folks who are totally unattached to UT at all keep asking me (as if I knew) when is Jones gonna get fired?) it really appears as though Currie is sitting in a burning house and being in no hurry at all to call the fire department.

10SEvols and tvolsfan like this.
  13. CardinalVol

What about the situation this week? What the hell is he supposed to do, exactly? Give an hourly news confrence on what we've done since his last one? Invite the public into conference rooms? What?

And I honestly don't care what K-State thinks of him

And give me one iota of evidence other than your feelings on the last one.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hard to see them firing him a day and a half before a game, so it seems the best course of action would have been to announce a suspension the second you think you have a serious problem with the way it was handled. If Butch and/or Wells were responsible for the way Kendrick's situation was handled, should the university risk having them around the players in practice? If they would be negligent during a game on TV with tons of eyes on the field, what would they potentially do during a closed practice?

15. CardinalVol

I'd say more of controlled burn than sitting in burning house.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think this is fair. But if Gruden isn’t in the bag, there will have to be an actual, out in the open coaching search at some point.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe the fire dept has been called but decide not to use sirens on the way

18. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

If the fact that no one wants the interim is true, my guess is they are floundering saying "wtf are we gonna do and who is gonna coach if we have to suspend Butch"?

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don’t think it’s realistic he’s gone before then.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Outside looking in, it looks like less of a circus if your first (and only) press conference is "we investigated and have decided to part ways" instead of "we have only suspended and are looking into the matter".