Missouri: Loves Company

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I am so glad now that I taught special ed where 3+4=8.

2. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I want him gone as much as the next guy. I kinda came unglued after Kentucky. Now i feel assured he's gone no matter what, and I can't imagine we've told Butch and not made some big moves. I'm fine to wait, only 3 weeks.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

At this point, what does it matter? Like you said, three weeks is just marking time when the season is already in the shitter. Lose to Mizzou and you can be sure there'll be no bowl game to worry about...

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Yep. I watch the CBS games with more interest. My wife hates that Tennessee still fields a team because I use it as an excuse to get more drunk than I should and yell expletives at the screen.

TangoUniform likes this.
  5. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I would like him to be gone but still make a bowl.

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Yes. I don't see it happening now.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Me either. If we do back into one, let it be with a new coach...

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I can't imagine we'd let this guy coach into bowl season, with the early signing period date and whatnot.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Making a bowl has never been about helping Butch (post UGA), but is entirely about rewarding the seniors and helping the next coaching staff. Those few weeks of practice will be huge for both player reps and the new coaching staff's intro & evaluations. Doesn't matter which bowl, or who we play, but just that we play one, IMO.

lylsmorr and dc4utvols like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Too bad it won’t happen.

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guarantano will need to play a lot smarter. Can't take hits, still needs to roll and scramble.

Honestly, dobbs would have gotten us to 8 wins. Jmo

12. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

Yup but this offense doesn't work without a kid that can run like Dobbs at QB, and those don't come around all the time. JG isn't really close, scrambling wise. I think he has a lot of potential, but he isn't the runner that Dobbs was. It's stupid to pin your offense on needing that.

Hell, even if Butch's stupid offense didn't want it, we need it because the OL is so dumb[uck fay]ingly inefficient and allows 8 sacks a game and 20+ pressures. And we don't have it. Hence, inept offense. I'd be amazed if Guarantano doesn't get knocked out for the rest of the season at this rate.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JG doesn't have much feel right now. Throws a nice ball, but doesn't have a natural feel for pressure or that clock in his head. Doesn't feel or recognize the blitzer off the edge either. Easy fix to dump it right to Kelly or Ty where the blitz came from but we can't seem to figure out what an 11 yr old can see.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone lay out a scenario in which we win. I can't, other than a bizarrely high number of turnovers

15. Ssmiff

Lock gets hurt. Kid will be playing chess against shoop. I take Lock

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Mizzu stinks

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We actively defecate on the field.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Actually Dobbs was pretty bad about completely missing the edge blitzer.

19. Ssmiff

He figured it out a little against the Aggies to Kamara, but not too often

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

We better hope and PRAY that Missouri beats the absolute shit out of us. Things are not looking good.