Missouri: Loves Company

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It can't matter. We passed the point of no return. He can't credibly recruit now. He's done

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Don't underestimate Tennessees brain trust. I heard some bad news yesterday. I said 3 weeks ago on here that Currie is so far up haslams ass that it's concerning. And now I hear bad news from my source yesterday. Now Basilio is basically backing up what I heard also. If we go 2 and 1 he's back. I really hope my guy is wrong. If Jones is back I swear I am done.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Plus revenue for the university.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No. And Tony's not saying he'll be back, at all.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

And so are many. That's why he can't be back

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Didn't say Basilio said he's back. Just that what he's saying is in line with what I heard.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He isn't coming back. The AD is saying that, but he's not coming back.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I really don't understand what people think happens. This is not Game of Thrones. Haslam (one of them) is Governor of the State of Tennessee and chairman of the board. His family is among the 3 or 4 largest donors to the university and are billonaires. Of course Currie is up his ass. A Haslam is his ultimate boss.

There are going to be differences of opinion among the guys who have influence. There are going to be different pieces of information that are leaked or withheld, passed on or misinterpreted, taken or made up during the process of evaluating and replacing a $4mm coach of the largest revenue producing sport. But I find the idea that there are a bunch of factions swaying Currie one direction and then another like a tree in the wind silly, especially as there hasn't been any information at all coming out of the AD's office.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think you are Tony Basilio...

Just kidding.

10. cpninja

cpninja Member

They aren't that good. They ran up the score on FCS teams(and UCONN) and took advantage of a Florida team that had totally quit. If they get some busted coverages they'll hang 40 on us. If not, it'll be a close, ugly game that probably ends 21-17 or so, and in those kinds of games it only takes a poorly timed turnover or a crucial penalty to decide the winner.

That said I'd expect we lose 35-14 or something. But Mizzou can't sleepwalk through the game or they'll screw it up.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Lock hasn't had to face Justin Martin yet. 5 picks, minimum.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We had +4 Turnovers and 2:1 TOP against UK. There is no multiverse where this team beats MIZZOU

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Nah. Basilio is a sexter.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Who says I'm not?

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I see no mention of heart stars

10SEvols likes this.
  17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Or title belts.

10SEvols likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow?

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Life champions the past 4 recruiting classes:

Tennessee - 58
    Mizzou - 0

Final score Saturday:

Mizzou - 58
    Tennessee - 0

MWR likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If there is a scenario that will actually have Butch coaching here next year, I hope that's what plays out so I can officially quit giving a shit about Tennessee sports.