The Les Miles Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Dec 2, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Different situations, but I’m just making the point that saying no many times before saying yes certainly didn’t impact Saban’s ability to be successful there. So, it doesn’t dim my desire to have Gruden here.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fair. I just don't want us to waste our time and never get a yes. Both parties should know by now whether this is has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

dtmvol likes this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think that’s accurate.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Got a feeling Kiffin is about to be headed to Auburn.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good fit. Would be glad he's in the SECW continually being a pain in Saban's ass

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Or not.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yeah, definitely feels more about warm feelings of nostalgia than winning. You can see that with everyone still referring to Fulmer as “coach”.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I bet Les does want the job.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I can’t believe so many are enthused about a coach who got fired a year ago because he clearly could no longer do what we want to do.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I really don’t miss the Chief. Don’t like this setup. Miles would need a great OC

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Do not want retread Chavez

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

The first 3rd & 12 he gave up would be amazing, though.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Me neither. Aside from coaching, the guy feels like he's exempt from recruiting. No thanks.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

With some of the names I'm hearing, I'd rather just get Les.

It's settling completely, but would take over Chad Morris, Kevin Steele, etc

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He had like 2 or 3 bad years over a 12 year span

17. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

At LSU Miles had two 8 win seasons, 08 and 14 -- those were his worst. He also had two 9 win seasons. The rest of the years were 10+ wins.

Looking at lifetime W-L records of SEC coaches against ranked teams as of 2016:

Saban .630
    Miles .628
    Sumlin .520
    Botch .140

His win trajectory was 10-8-9-2(fired).

He had top 10 recruiting classes every year except 2012, including several top 5.

That's a strong resume and stronger than most of the other names being mentioned.

Having said that, going forward is what matters for UT and I think there are a lot of important questions re his age, motivation, AD relationship, etc.

Ssmiff likes this.
  18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I *may* take Morris. Steele is a program killer.

bigjintx likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Let's just reboot the Skoal Patrol.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So tired of the constant "never should have fired Fulmer" claims, as if canning a coach that had a losing record against damn near ever coach in the conference was a bad idea. Now it seems like that's been accepted as reality and it wasn't the idiotic hires after Fulmer that caused us to suck, but getting rid of Fulmer. We're about to go for a Fulmer 2.0 and see how he fares against the coaches of 2018. Huzzah.

tvolsfan likes this.