Signing Day 2018

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 7, 2018.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm talking regular season only.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I said 8 or 9, meant total wins.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Gotcha. Well my comment was directed toward regular season total. 9-3 would be an incredible coaching job.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

8-5 is my expectation

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Peterson, Mincey, Taylor, Emerson, Allen, Carvin, Lawless, Wood-Anderson, Gooden, Johnson, Flowers all should be starters by their sophomore year - except the JUCOs play immediately.

6. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

It's him. I never heard the punishment for those three. I'm guessing it was a light sentence.

7. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

To bad we don't play in the big 10. Would be a good class then.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would be elated with 9 wins next season.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How many wins will it take for you NOT to say, I'm sick of this shit?

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

9 wins would be a sign that we're going to win a championship sooner rather than later.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We aren't beating WVU. This defense is going to be high risk high reward and WVU can punish us. I don't like having to go up against Drew Lock and their receivers, but they are coached by Dooley. Any team with a QB and WRs that can beat 1-on-1 coverage is gonna cause us fits, imo

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Be interesting to see how this staff with a DC as a head coach develops and plays.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Also Guarantano makes 2008 Crompton look like Jake Fromm. I just hope we make a bowl.

Today just adds to the challenge, which is probably too great for a first time HC anyways. Gotta stop digging eventually.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To the young men who signed this class after witnessing the shit show of the past 10 years. Welcome. I wish you a happy, healthy, and successful career.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's given up big plays at every stop. At UGA, where the talent was closest to what he'll have here, his defenses gave up a bunch of them.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Crazy stat

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think Pruitt had a good response after today. It's at least an improvement from "5 star hearts".

"Give us a year to work," Pruitt said. "I know some of you probably sat there today and watched the TV, you’re sitting there probably on your hands thinking, 'What if?' Don’t think that no more."

"Next year on signing day, aight, we are going to be up there at the very top," Pruitt said.

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I legitimately think he will bust his ass to make sure it happens. He's not a wimp like his predecessor.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  20. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Wow that is a crazy stat. Best recruiting staff in america brought in some top talent but escaped away with JJ, some baseball players and flat out stole some mid majors today.