UT/Vandy picks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

JG and Callaways status probably wont be known until mid week and it may not be made public either way til game time.

My blind homer, hoping for AU/UK level play.
    UT 27
    Vandy 23

My UT is too beat up, out of gas and the game just means more to Vandy pick.

Vandy 31
    UT 21

Its anyones guess which UT shows up.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I refuse to live in a world where we lose to Vandy three years in a row

justingroves likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Let me know where you go. I may roll with

sbradle4, kmf600 and A-Smith like this.
  4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They looked uninspired from the start today. I have no idea what to expect from them next week.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Gift from the officials means Vandy will now qualify for a bowl after they beat the shit out of us. Sweet.

6. Ssmiff

24-13 loss. Feels like Radar may have our number too.
    Who doesn't.

7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

I doubt we'll care about playing in another game in Memphis/Birmingham/Charlotte/Shreveport in December.

8. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

The score doesn’t matter. Just don’t lose to [uck fay]ing Vanderbilt. I never lose to them on NCAA 14. Life should be more like NCAA 14.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Just the fact that we’re talking about losing 3 in a row to Vanderbilt is disgusting.

warhammer and 10SEvols like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Honestly if Guarantano isn’t back I doubt it’s even close.

11. Ssmiff

doesn't depend on JG as much as it does defense imo. Chryst was ok except for that awful throw that changed the game. Then came back in 2nd half with a drive so I think we scored on 3 of his first 4 drives. Then we got down and they sent the house, which sent him running for his life from middle blitzes

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Said the same thing, except it was they were playing with a lack of energy.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well we scored 17 on a pretty bad defense without JG. I’d think Derek Mason probably has something better in store for us and I’d be surprised if even with a decent game on D if we hold them under 20.

14. Ssmiff

Maybe. But we also had -20 yards offense with JG on first 3 drives, and 85 yards and TD on Chryst first drive.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We had a chance to really step up (with a bowl bid on the table) yesterday and put the rest of the league on notice that we weren’t going to be pushed around anymore and totally blew it. I just don’t see this team getting up enough to win that game. We’re coached well at the top but the coordinators leave a lot to be desired. This team isn’t consistent enough for me to hold out hope that they’ll get it done, even when a loss means watching the bowl games on TV instead of getting ready for their own.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We’ve done that almost every game. I’m starting to think it’s part of the game plan.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Losing to Vandy to both get them bowl eligible and make us ineligible is a new low, so it’s pretty much a given that’s what will happen.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah, that would be pretty pathetic.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well I think we are almost out of new ways to humiliate ourselves. So we’ve got that going for us.

zehr27 likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Helton may be over his head and imo anybody that has to look at the play chart as much as he does may not be what we need, but qb has to get us out of bad plays. Has time to change them, but doesn't. I assume every sec starting QB can audible or rpo or hot at any time based on what defense shows. Except us.