UT/Vandy picks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So we've officially been underdogs in nine games this season, including every single SEC game.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They must have paid attention when UT lost every SEC game last year.

kmf600 likes this.
  3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks Lyle

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I think that was predicted pre season... by the same folks who said we’d end up 5-7...

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Vols 28
    [uck fay] Vandy

6. Tar Volon

Not gonna lie, I vastly underestimated Missouri and Kentucky and probably Vandy in preseason, and I also seriously underestimated how big of a hole we were in (after all--we've only had one losing season in the last four. The cupboard can't be *that* bare, can it?). And I was a guy that was waffling between 6-6 and 7-5.

The first four weeks of the season brought a lot of clarity. After that, I feel like I've had a pretty good handle on the team. IIRC had us losing big-but-not-as-big-as-the-spread against UGA, playing a one-score game either way against Auburn, getting rolled by Bama, losing to South Carolina, beating Charlotte in uninspiring fashion, beating Kentucky, losing by double-digits to Missouri (was thinking more like 13 than 33 though), and beating Vandy. Still got my fingers crossed for that last piece falling into place, because it could easily go the other way.

MaconVol likes this.
  7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That's about where I am, but potentially not having JG and/or Calloway destroys my optimism.

Our bread and butter this year have been 50/50 bombs to Calloway. I'm probably a little too paranoid, but I feel like Mizzou knew that and took a cheap shot to knock him out of the game for that reason.

8. Tar Volon

The injuries are certainly a complicating factor. But this is also a defense that has been bleeding yards and points to anyone with a semi-functioning passing game. Even Tennessee State had 270 passing and 27 points. I don't think we're likely to light them up, but I think we'll get out points. The question will be whether our defense can hold them to field goals. They've been averaging in the high 20s the last six weeks or so. I think if we hold them to 20, we win. But I don't have a lot of faith in our offense to keep up if the game gets into the 30s.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Mason was Butch's little spoon

WGWTFA

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know...I could have gone my whole life without seeing that.

Savage Orange likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wtf...

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Mason looks like he is cringing and wants to #WBJFA

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He mistook him for a recruit and was promising him goal line carries.

15. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

16. lol vol

lol vol Member

“#MeToo”

-Derek Mason

NYY, Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

27-17 vols

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

TN: 41
    Vandy: 24

This is this team’s chance to salvage something good from this season, and which will be an uptick for the program. They’ll seize it, and it won’t be as close as this score indicates.

A-Smith and lol vol like this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Butch Jones lost to Vandy his first year with a bowl on the line. Take that how you want

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Positive TennyD? Oh my