UT/Vandy picks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Y’all are remembering Mason outscheming the hell out of Butch and assuming that means Vandy has a good defense. You’re talking about a team that’s given up 495 yards per game in SEC play. Missouri, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, and Ole Miss all rolled up 500+, and only Kentucky has been held below 440.

Vanderbilt is not a juggernaut. They do actually appear to have a competent offense, but it’s not quite as tough as Missouri’s is, and we won’t play our worst game of the season two weeks in a row. Vanderbilt can absolutely still beat us, but I don’t think Pruitt’s guys are just going to roll over with a bowl within reach the way we might’ve seen under the last two coaches.

Our health and who can force the other to kick field goals will be the biggest factors, but I think we get it done.

Vols 24
    Vandy 20

$.02.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure that’s something that would work in our favor with JG taking snaps.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As is standard for head guy at UT, lose to Vandy and you can gtfo.

If Pruitt is going to be a championship caliber coach, this is a game he finds a way to win. Losing to Vandy is inexcusable, especially with a bowl game on the line.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It’s easy to say that but Vanderbilt is more developed on both lines of scrimmage than us. That in itself makes it a tall order. Not impossible.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Id take Vandys QB. Entire OL, te's, dts, de's, lbs and safety over what we have

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That’s 3 really good offenses, an offense coached by Dan Mullen, and an average SCe offense.

We are the 4th worst P5 offense in the country, barely ahead of the likes of Kansas and Rutgers.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our offense isn’t good, but we shouldn’t pretend the defense we’re facing this week is anything special. It’s arguably the worst P5 defense we’ve faced all season. Now I don’t have a lot of faith in us to win a shootout, but scoring in the mid-20s is entirely attainable

8. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

I agree

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Vanderbilt 34

Tennessee 23

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

:eek:

11. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

27-17 . Vols

12. lol vol

lol vol Member

Tennessee 21

Vanderbilt 20

Turnovers will decide the game.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I have 2 tiers of predictions:

If JG and Calloway are full-go and healthy and the OL/Front-7 decide to show up:

UT 24 - Vandy 10

If JG and/or Calloway are out and the OL/Front-7 take the night off:

Vandy 21 - UT 7

This team is bipolar and Vandy will be jacked up for this game. We will have our hands full and the sorry ass state of this team says we need, IMO, an A game to beat [uck fay]ing Vandy.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Early line has Vandy by 4.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Vandy hasnt won 3 in a row against UT since the 20s.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well, we have been on a roll the last few years about setting ignominious records, so I am a bit worried.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm not sure we win this one either. I haven't seen Vandy play, but they seem to do what is expected of them, score some points against teams they're supposed to beat. I think they score at least 28 on us, we go for 17. And I don't have to think about Vols football for a couple of months.

18. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

I don't know if we win, but I think how the team comes out and how prepared they are will tell us a lot. This might be the most important game of the year. The difference between making a bowl game and not is literally going to be the slurping of, or the first large he-isn't-ready-for-this-stage for Pruitt by the media. Which is pretty important - especially for recruiting.

I'm not saying we're damned if we lose, or that Pruitt will be a failure - I personally believe he's shown a lot with the Ky and Barn wins. But it will make recruiting so much easier, and keep the media and fan base a lot more consolidated, if we win.

This game is a damn crapshoot. We're wildly inconsistent. Have been all year. But the one thing Dooley was right about, was that Tennessee always kicks the shit out of Vanderbilt. Vols win, a little easier than everyone expects, 28-7 - my only reasoning for this is, we had a shitty performance last week, maybe the pendulum swings.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Do we have any word at all on JG or Calloway?

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We're a shitty team still learning how to compete that can get streaky.

I think we either boat race them or we get our ass kick bad. I just don't see much middle ground.

lylsmorr likes this.