ESD Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by chavisut, Dec 18, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

You’ll be hard pressed to find any “diamond in the rough” type to be succesful here. I can’t even think of one.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It starts with bananas. I tried to draw the line there but was mocked. Now all we have are alternative facts about stars and rankings. Bananas are a berry from southeast asia. Barnett was a 4 star. We must hold the line.

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And I really like Pruitt. Am rooting for him more than any coach since Fulmer, maybe Kiffin.

But am skeptical that he has the disposition, personality, and presence of a top-tier college football CEO.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'll trust Pruitt and asst evals. They have coached dozens of nfl players and have championships. Acting like 247 or someone here knows more about the skills if players than this particular staff is silly.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes not dirty enough and doesnt negative recruit either.

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Who knew the bullshitting would leak over to Twitter

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Shoulda gone with carrots instead. Phoebe Cates can’t be wrong... even if I usually am...

8. Savage Orange

Never apologize for being a stickler for accuracy, IP...

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed, for the most part. It’s when a prospect doesn’t have other high level P5 offers, though, that you begin to suspect they may be scrambling to take a player who was Plan Z.

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Does Rutgers count

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Part of what makes me not worry about this dude is that we took him on the early signing day. I don't think you take desperation signings in december.

Tar Volon, zehr27, Memtownvol and 2 others like this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Great point.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They have nothing in common with each other.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed.

And we’re talking about 1 guy, essentially. Not 8. And a receiver, not a QB. Am sure kid is deserving of the scholly or it wouldn’t have been extended.

Now, if we miss on Gray, Wright, and/or Couch, I will burn this MFer to the ground

Ssmiff, 2Maggitt2Quit and IP like this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Remember that year where we desperately needed a class heavy in DLs and we came away with Allan Carson? Jesus.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet in 2 years if he has any success or makes a big play, suddenly you won't be able to find anyone who questioned his signing
    "I knew he was special all along!"

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It sure seems like (and we'll know for sure soon) he does well with recruits when he has a year or two to recruit them and build the relationship. He hasn't shown an ability to close on an elite prospect at the last minute.

18. Savage Orange

If he’s the truth tellin’ straight shootin’ guru of recruitin’ he’s reputed to be, then that doesn’t surprise me at all. These kids are so used to being constantly bullshitted that when a guy comes in and tells the truth about where the program stands... most elite kids will pass and go to a turn key program that’s already rolling. Kids like Wanya are few and far between but I’ll take one of him over ten Cade Mays front runner mofo’s. Every. single. time.

Tenacious D and Ssmiff like this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Feels like we are really going to be do or die with the wide receiver recruiting next year. Not a lot on the roster behind Callaway and Jennings.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Single wing don't need receivers.