ESD Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by chavisut, Dec 18, 2018.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

These guys want to be here. Not sure how that differs from any other school's recruiting class in history, or ours for the last 20 years, but it's definitely different this time.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Next Jason Croom?

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Step 1 get ahead of UK, Vandy, Mizzou, USC
    Step 2 play competitive with UGay and UF
    Step 3 win the damned conference
    Step 4 sustain

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That will likely take all of three years assuming Pruitt can do it. Enjoy the ride.

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I am really surprised with LSUs ranking. Coach O is a good recruiter but he’s not long for that job. Couple more on field screw ups and his seat will be hot.

6. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

7. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not saying it's a bad class without em. But it's not that eye catching and attention getting top 5 with out em.

So we ll disagree.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

At least. The current roster basically needs to be completely flipped. Need 2 more top 10 classes before we can even sniff step 3 of your earlier post.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We will be doing good to be at step two on year 3.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He hates with a hate
    That is more than a hate
    My ‘site admin
    Tenacious D....

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If Wright, Gray and Crouch end up here it will be a solid class. We will have addressed one of if not the biggest needs in OL, signing one of the top OL classes in the country. We have 3 solid DL players, a couple of which should be ready to play immediately which is exactly what we need losing all starters there. I really like the DB class we assembled, I think theres several good players there. LB appears to be the weakest link. Would have been nice to have added one more really good receiver to go with Keyton.

Bailey is committed for '20 which will help jumpstart that class.

Fitz is staying...overall a good day.

We may not be taking large steps, but we are certainly not going backwards. We have a to take a step on the field next year. No more losing to Vanderbilt.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

TLDR version:
    Beat Vanderbilt.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Vanderbilt beat us by 25 points

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm all for our staff trusting their evaluations, etc.

But don't feed me this when he was the last guy on the board.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

@Tenacious D, Barnett was not a 3 star. He was a 4 star on every recruiting service.

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't mind one or two guys like Means who are supposed diamonds in the rough. It's when you have 5-7 mixed in there that trouble occurs, like the E.J. Abrams class Fulmer pulled in one year.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That class was the drizzling shits.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Come on guys, Eric Berry was a damn 2 star and look how he turned out! #trustourcoaches

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I was listening to Tom Lemming on sports radio last night (kinda had forgotten he was still around).

He was talking about Mack Brown and said he’d put him on the one hand of best recruiters he’d ever seen in college football...

Listed Brown, Fulmer, Saban, Carroll.

Didn’t get to a 5th, so may have been a better Rushmore than one-hand conversation, but I digress...

Anyhow, got me thinking about those guys. And the HCs that are recruiting at the highest level currently. And about Pruitt. And what he has in common with them, personality wise. I couldn’t come up with much.