POLITICS Mattis

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

His Cabinet-level presence has been a source of comfort to me, as Trump navigates a dangerous and complex landscape around the world, and most particularly as it relates to both China and Russia.

The abruptness of his sudden absence and publicly stated reasoning for it is, quite frankly, deeply, deeply concerning.

Trump needs people who tell him the unmitigated truth, and who have the personal character to withstand whatever reaction it causes to occur. None surpassed Mattis’ personal ability - and a willingness - to do both. These are just some of the very good and many reasons why he is universally respected, beloved and revered - by all, high or low, Democrat or Republican.

I can’t fathom that Mattis would simply walk away as a result of a mere difference of opinion, as such is to be expected. I don’t know why he did, but hope to learn it.

If forced to choose, and with all that’s now known, I’ll choose Mattis over Trump.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wish he would run in 2020.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If mattis leaving this abruptly, and his letter, does not concern someone, then bless their hearts.

tvolsfan and JayVols like this.
  4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm going to shock you. I agree. Except for the part about not knowing why he left. Recent events & Mattis' resignation letter state the reason(s) loud and clear.

We're [uck fay]ed.

5. Tenacious D

When I saw it hit the ticker that he was resigning, I chalked it up to the man was ready to just go to the house.

The letter makes his reasoning for the resignation unmistakably clear.

justingroves and JayVols like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is distressing at the minimum. I worry that no one is there now to check the President's more crazy ideas and desires, and this may take decades to repair.

If the rumor that Trump talked to Erdoğan and was told that Turkey is coming for the PKK, and the Kurds in general, and to get the [uck fay] out of the way, and we suddenly are withdrawing from theater, that is deeply concerning.

7. Tenacious D

I hope that this isn’t true.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Me, too. Desperately.

I can deal with difference of opinion on policy, because he is President and it is his prerogative.

But if you cower before a threat from Turkey, well, that is a something that is not forgivable.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’ll admit, I’m a little skeptical about this one.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Mattis’s letter was pure hand wringing over his love of fighting pointless Middle East wars. His Pax Americana world view is outdated and dead.

Butthole likes this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don’t see the GOP running a homosexual presidential candidate any time soon.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If true, and I could easily see that happening, should we continue playing desert politics with our military and resources?

14. Tenacious D

Take care, here.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It’s a joke

16. Tenacious D

Not to me, it isn’t.

I’ve said my peace, and we can move along.

fl0at_ likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Ok sheriff

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Is it work being a piece of shit, or do you come to it naturally?

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Lol a slapfight invitation from The 8ths most useless poster? I’d rather perform my own dental surgery than waste time trading barbs with a clown.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t remember posting in this thread.