Finebaum Re: Pruitt and Alabama

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Jan 24, 2019.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I've heard this too. Granted it might have been you that I heard it from

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Of course he’s going to say that while Saban still has the job... let it come open and we’ll see whether he’s telling the truth or not.

Joseph Brant and vols85 like this.
  3. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Hopefully his UT program is out of the embryonic stage and rolling before anybody has to worry about it. Then he can choose between what he built with his own hard work and years of effort and the uncontrollable machine that Saban left behind. Nobody is following that act. Pruitt is probably one with the balls to try it, but I kind of doubt it if he gets things going here. If it’s after the 2019 season then he’d probably be more tempted...

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he has it rolling and we have clear-eyed leadership, it won't matter too much if he decides to go. We'll still be ahead of what we've been doing for the past decade.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Ubben has said this before when asked about this scenario.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It seems he will likely leave the job a more appealing one than he found it as well, and hopefully that means no more getting Gundy a raise before settling on option c, d, e, whatever.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Boy have I heard this before. I’d rather we just do everything we can to hang onto him if a program in Bama’s shape comes calling for him.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If he’s winning games like he’d have to be to have Bama coming after him, we’ll have the money to pay him. That’s one good thing (among many!!) about Neyland. If it’s consistently full, UT is making a shit ton O’ cash!

Dalekanium likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I thought the same thing as I was typing.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Cash is coming from tv. Stadium gate isn’t as important as it used to be. One reason they still charge 100+ to go to that slop.

Savage Orange and justingroves like this.
  11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dabo (or anyone else for that matter) could go to Bama and win a couple NCs and still be second fiddle to Bryant and Saban and get fired 2 years later for going 7-5.

Dabo can have the same team at Clemson he can have at Bama and not play an SEC schedule to get to the playoff.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It may not be that big of a deal, but I worry about what happens after Heavy calls it quits. It sounds like Pruitt really likes Fulmer and appreciates having a football minded boss that will get him whatever he wants/needs, to be able to succeed. Not sure how much, if anything that has to do with Bammer, but just thinking more in terms of Pruitt being here long term if he succeeds.

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Putting on VN orange overalls....sheeeeet, we just got gets Paytun an brung him home

I'm concerned as well, I don't want any more pencil pushing over-educated assholes in that job any longer.

vols85 likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I think that Fulmer will have a transition plan in place with a small list of acceptable replacements.

I don't think he will let the school repeat the "Hamilton" mistake.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Blackburn maybe

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I’m sure this isn’t news to you or anyone else on this board but Fulmer was the driving force of the Hamilton mistake

17. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I'd kinda be surprised if he took it at this point (if he were to be offered)

et45 likes this.
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I will do it. Prepare yourselves for every season to have either a national championship or a coaching search.

justingroves and reVOLt like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You do realize he was Hamilton's biggest supporter, right?

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fulmer will be around for awhile. He likes what he is doing.