POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thanks for all your help restoring power to people in need. Now let’s take more of your money to help pay for govt programs

kmf600 likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Identifying a sapling to be an oak vs identifying a 30 ft tree as an oak. the world didn't just appear in this state. you're discounting history. when I am home, I can show the same conversations now were being had before. we just keep punting on them, for fear of being the generation to foot the bill.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What do elected officials have to do with antibiotic resistance?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

policy, law, regulation. it's been known for a long while that the constant use of antibiotics in beef cattle and pigs has played a role in the increase in antibiotic resistance, but we have been slow to respond to address this at all.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Just because an issue that existed 40 years ago is similar to an issue we have today does not make them the same or inextricably linked. Now you can certainly say that the same methods or lines of thinking end up producing the same results, that’s a fair point. But the income inequality we have today is not the same as it was in 1965 or 1985 and it doesn’t exist for all the same reasons, and that’s just one example.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Exactly what I did this year.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

so accurately predicting that A will lead to B in 1985 is unrelated to B in 2019?

Bruh.

8. RockyHill

You accuse me of discounting history and then you want to pretend that the events of 1986-2018 were meaningless, that B in 2019 was a foregone conclusion based on A and that you can draw a straight line from A to B? That’s silliness.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously?

zehr27 and lylsmorr like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

what are you even talking about? where did I discount time or call it meaningless? that's what you were doing.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

seriously.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I suppose. It would be really hard to regulate the use in humans, though, and we'd still be one nation making changes while lots of other are less responsible. I mean there are a lot of countries where you just walk into a pharmacy and tell them you want antibiotics and they hand them over like they were Tylenol.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I agree with this, just in general, and on many things of significant import. The problem is that many things are mostly manageable now, and could be slowly improved and resolved over an abundance of time. But, as no one wants to do much of anything, it’s going to all come due at a time not of our choosing, when it can no longer be ignored and delayed, and with a severity that won’t be so gently resolved, once it’s a crisis.

Climate change.
    Social security.
    Federal spending & deficit (including military, healthcare and entitlement spending).
    The looming student loan bubble.

It damned sure doesn’t help that we are a nation largely fixated on Facebook & Candy Crush, and that we keep electing people who see “doing nothing” as the best and easiest path toward keeping their seat and winning re-election.

It’s all going to come due, we can jus let decide when and how, at least for a bit.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would still rather be the nation that starts it. "They are doing so why bother" is really not the kind of reasoning I care to follow as a nation.

15. RockyHill

When you mentioned predicting A in 1985 leading to B in 2019. Pretty simple.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, I never discounted 1986-2018, that's where the leading occurred.

17. RockyHill

It’s a fair point when you have congressmen suggesting policies that would destroy our economy to prevent climate change while other powers are increasing emissions.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t lead the charge on climate change but it’s still a fair point.

18. RockyHill

What you’re discounting is the C-Z that happened in those 33 years which, combined with A, led to B. This all started with you saying all these issues aren’t new. Well ok, yeah, from the outlook that there’s nothing new under the sun, I suppose that’s true. But the last 40 years have arguably seen more change than any 40 in the history of Earth, so the crystal ball bullshit is kind of comical.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Except that's exactly what I did this year. Purposely earned less. On actual purpose

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think is grounded in reality, especially after people are exposed to the freedom of earning.