[ddiapos] vs. Clay Travis

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 10, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Can't access at work. Deets please.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't want to have to listen to Travis, so can I get a synopsis?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He asked Dooley if he is a virgin.

5. CardinalVol

The answer was?

I mean, it is up for discussion -

[​IMG]

6. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Now we know why Dooley is an asshole.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

not after our last two football seasons.

8. CardinalVol

Does it count if it's rape?

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Dooley starts by saying "I heard that Clay is such a big fan of mine". Clay then says that "if he beats NC State and Florida that he will contemplate getting back on the bandwagon." Clay says he is a UT fan, but he needs a reason to believe. Dooley then says its a "bold thing to do to be off the wagon when your losing and then jump back on when you start winning". Dooley then responds with his own questions; What kind of UT fan are you? Clay says my grandfather played for General Neyland, and I have liked it every since. Dooley responds with "I want you to win but im gonna put alot of energy into making sure that you don't". Clay then asks "Do yoy believe what I say has a negative effect on the team", and Dooley says No, Clay then responds with "why does it matter", then Brent jumps in and starts with the normal stuff, and Dooley responds the same way he has all spring.

Towards the end, Clay asks if NC State is the biggest game of his coaching career, and Dooley responds with no, and then cites Mark Richt as an example last year, and says that a football team is defined on 12 games. He said if we beat NC State and then lose the next 5, nobody is even gonna care about NC State.

Clay also asked Dooley if he thought this team could contend for the SEC East and Dooley says yes, but they could also have another bad season. It just depends on how everything plays out.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty weak of Dooley to suggest someone is not a UT fan if he is does not believe in Dooley. The sheep will love that.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think its pretty weak of Clay to not nail Dooley's nuts to the wall when finally given an opportunity. Clay should have ran circles around Dooley.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. At the same time, Travis is a little [itch bay] and Dooley was right to question Travis' bandwagoning nature. He was also correct about NC State's relative importance.

I do wish he would have said something better about how the season will go, instead of stating the patently obvious. Something like, "as a team we are going to set a standard, and anything less than competing for the division title the entire season is unacceptable." It is open-ended as to what that means, but it shows the inkling of a winning attitude.

That sort of "lack of edge" is becoming my second biggest gripe against Dooley. You know, right behind losing football games.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had his chance and came across as a sniveling whiny [itch bay] which isn't surprising

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't have a problem with the way that Dooley responded to any of the questions. I do think Clay blew his chance to really nail Dooley though.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley is right about the importance of NC State, but when you consider the mental status of this team, losing that one could really snowball into a shitstorm. They have quit on him in the past. The overwhelming majority of his career points toward him being a loser. Starting off with a loss may just reestablish some very negative ideas with some players that have gotten the competitive spirit recharged in the offseason.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I totally agree. I was comin' in ready to bash Dooley, but Travis stole the [itch bay] tiara right from him.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yes, and Clay probably should have put that into his question, instead of just asking about it in the general sense. A loss to NC State is only one game, and Dooley is correct in saying that, but the negative impact will be extremely hard to overcome.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Completely agree. That's why he should have said something more along the lines of "setting standards/expectations and meeting them." Not "we could be good or we could be bad."

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I watched the NC state spring game. They have some weapons and play with passion. They won't just lay down for us any more than UAB, and they're much more talented than them.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If this team is where they were passing the ball against Cincinnati, and if they have any semblance of a run game, we should win this game, and I think it could be similar to last year as well. If we come out and things don't go our way early, look out!