Forward All?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, May 17, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Does anyone else out there have a guy that has your email address that forwards EVERY email they receive to you. I know an elderly man that lives in Boston who was married to a buddy's grandmother. When she passed, he moved back to Boston. He's a hellofa guy. Played "professional" fast pitch softball and a huge fan of every Boston sports team (jmoore would love him). I have no idea how he got my personal email address. At first, he was following my softball team, but now he sends me every dang chain email, emails that promote/demonize false political stances/individuals, and those chipper "pick me up" emails. I like the guy, I really do, but I delete 20 emails/day, AT LEAST. It's ridiculous.

/end rant

Edit: I received 3 emails from him while typing this post alone in addition to the 20 others I have received earlier today....

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Looks like a prime candidate for junk mail status.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I thought this was an Obama thread.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

My grandmother is like this.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I call this person "Mom".

What's worse is a friend of hers has gotten my email and so now occasionally I get a double forward.

6. JayVols

Glad to see that I have a little company. Perhaps we should start a support group.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i also love it when they don't bother to delete all the foward text from the 50 people who forwarded it before them and you have to scroll down like 2 pages to find out your time has been wasted.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

During the terry schvio stuff, i had one lady send me 20 things a day about it and how she should live. I replied back that i was an advocate of states rights and that under the circumstances as i understood, they should pull the plug.

Never got another one from her.

Ive also learned a reply all with a snopes.com link disproving what the forward says in an accurate way to get off a list too.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Have to have a separate account for that junk.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cardinal, I've also replied to some saying that I actually disagree with the entire premise of the chain mail. They still come...

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

my mother occasionally sends some of those and I have an uncle (we're very similar, he's former military, plays a ton of golf and watches sports) who I honestly consider a friend that sends me only ones that are truly funny relating to me, but what bothers me the most and pardon me if I sound unpatriotic but I get bombarded with facebook type comments about supporting the military and while you doing blah blah and sleeping comfortable every night, a soldier was guarding this, defending that and sleeping in the mud. I'm all for support, but tagging me in some lame facebook post about the military is nothing but annoying. My aunt and mother both do it very often and I'm ready to go insane.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My granny still waits by the window for the mailman/woman to go by. If she's 15 mins late she'll call around to see who has gotten their mail.

Email would blow her mind.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i love the facebook "repost this if you want to end world hunger" type posts. as though this has any impact whatsoever besides masturbation of the ego.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

but facebook and partners are all going to pay .05 cents (that's always how it's written, I never know if any one realizes that it takes 20 likes just to get a penny) for every time it's liked or shared!

15. JayVols

I like your granny already. Why is the song "Simple Man" playing in my head right now?

16. JayVols

I. Freaking. Hate. This. Type. The. Most.

Like cancer reserch will come to an abrupt end if I don't forward that shit. Or every person that has forwarded this email on has been cured of some dread disease/their penis has grown 4 inches in length and girth since they forwarded it. Well, I might give the penis growth one a shot. Those damn creams and jelqing sure haven't worked.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I used to get the forward all naked ex-girlfriend pics from other dudes in my unit. I guess everyone got married.

18. JayVols

Now that....would be just fine with me.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pics or it didn't happen.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have about culled the chain letter and forward all nuts from my email list. A few years ago, a buddy of mine forwarded me something like the letter described in the first post here:

snopes.com: Billy Connolly's Chain Letter

If you reply with something like this, you usually get your point across. I get another kind of forward all at work. Working in health and safety, I get bombarded with accident photos that I don't care about and all kinds of product warnings and such. Most of the former I don't care about, and the latter tend to be fake.

Replacing the chain letter and forward all as my top annoyance of this sort is the share button on Facebook. I used to really enjoy checking out how old friends and acquaintances were getting along, but it's gotten so easy to share pics of animals with text added, inspirational photos, and other miscellaneous garbage that it drives me batty. I don't care about what the kittens think about Friday, that an image of Jesus showed up on some guy's Big Mac in Hoboken, or some jpeg with some half-assed, half-witty saying on it. If you think something is funny, show some damn initiative and type it out.