Baby Shark Doo doo do doo da doo

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kmf600, May 1, 2019.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

czQSiyjA-129190696.jpg So a shark ate my grouper. It was a pretty good sized grouper, didn't see the shark, but he had to be huge.

IP likes this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

At least it left you the Cheeks.

PilotFlyingJ, CitrusCo.Vol and kmf600 like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay]ing sharks

kmf600 likes this.
  4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We actually got a couple of decent chunks of meat. Gave the head to someone that's going to make grouper head soup. Going to need a decent pot to make it in.

5. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

You get a months head start on me. We don't open until June 1.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The seas were so rough and sharks so bad, I wish we waited to June.

7. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

It looked rough in that picture. Were you getting those strong east winds that we've been getting?

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think they said 20-25. I'd say seas were easily 6-8, coming from all directions. Miserable.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Who’s the chick holding it?

10. Tenacious D

This is legit the worst. Throws you every damned where, all day, and as soon as you adjust, it changes. Piss on that.

I’m all for protecting sharks, but it seems like they’re exploding in the last several years.

kmf600 likes this.
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

[penis]

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We were saying the same about the sharks. Our trip to the Bahamas 2 years ago went about the same. We caught a lot of yellowfin tuna, but all we got were heads. It was frustrating.

84TGqQbY-226677656.jpg

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

never been fewer. less fish, so humans and sharks bump into each other going after them, more

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

you guys should watch the attenborough documentary series on Netflix that came out recently. he talks about sharks and why they matter.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Interesting. I go after saltwater fish 3 or 4 times a year, I am no expert, but the locals all claim there's more sharks.

What you're saying makes sense.

kmf600 likes this.
  16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Climate change politics in a thread about fishing. My favorite.

You should also point to Bill Nye as a supporting expert of why KMF's fish was eaten. Slim Goodbody has some theories about octopusses, and professor Proton also had something to say about wavey days, I think.

kmf600 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

overfishing was the thing in the doc. I thought we were talking about sharks. If you are trying to drive home the point to me that I involuntarily trigger you, no need.

18. Tenacious D

I do believe that this is true. I’m not sure how you can effectively regulate both increasingly efficient commercial fishing operations and anyone else with a fishing trawler and access to international waters, tbh. You can, for many, but many, many more won’t even be noticed.

As to sharks, and while purely from my own experience and entirely anecdotal, based on my trips into the ocean and a random few things I’ve read here and there the last few years, it certainly seems that there is a noticeably increased prevalence of sharks.

Maybe they’re still 80% under their optimum levels, and I just grew used to their being 90% below, before. So+10% - but still 80% lower than optimum- appears to be a big difference.

I’m all for sharks, but their increased numbers (demand), humans increased demand for fish (also demand), and the loss of available food (supply) is setting up a terrible and high stakes lesson in economics for humans and sharks, alike.

I’m not only rambling, but to unnecessarily build on your already good and succinctly stated point. I’ll quit here.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

we have international commercial fisherman violating the US EEZ frequently. it probably isn't a major part of our problems, but it is something the coast guard and navy could be further unleashed on.

20. Tenacious D

Just saw that two carrier groups were dispatched to Venezuela - one from East, one from West - that other cat needs get his affairs in order.