How many wins makes 2019 a successful year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Joshua Arnold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Love some Scott Frost. They’re also in the weaker division within the B10. That said, there are 100x the elite level talent within a 6 hour radius of Knoxville than Lincoln.

justingroves likes this.
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ceilings

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Exactly and when they were winning big they weren’t doing it with top classes. It was roiding the shit out of players and adding the occasional big recruit.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Nobody has brought this up yet but it’s inevitably where this goes if you have this discussion with non-UT fans, it’s incredible to me when people make the argument that UT will never be elite because of lack of in state talent. It’s so dumb it hurts. You’d think Saban had built a dynasty with Birmingham and Mobile kids and Dabo got Clemson to elite status with upstate SC kids.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Plus they were also one of the most innovative offenses in the game too

droski likes this.
  6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Exactly. Hell, Clemson is about to sign their third kid from Knoxville in the last 3 years.

7. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

I’ll be completely honest, I just want to make a bowl.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For whatever reason I've been listening to 99.1 in the morning on the drive to work. It's actually tolerable now. But Lord do people have on orange colored glasses looking at this season.

I am becoming a bit more bullish on SC though, because they could have anywhere from 4-6 losses by the time they roll into town and could be in total F it mode.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

we will, I truly believe.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's time for the Muschamp implosion there.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida looks to be a trainwreck right now. An early loss to Miami and their season could spiral too.

I laugh at Kentucky.

Missouri is a 7-5 team. They play at, AT!!!! Wyoming to start the season. That should be grounds for getting the boot from the SEC.

Mississippi State is having to replace a lot on both offense and defense, but I think they'll be okay.

IP likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People are stupid. Neyland recruited the state of New York by [uck fay]ing train and got them here.

Tennessee has always recruited well, even with the last two dipshits

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

re: Missouri, what in the actual [uck fay]?

justingroves likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope they lose there

15. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Misery shouldn’t be all that terrible with Bryant leading the way.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They've got a bowl ban this year.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reminder - we were Nashville Sports Council buyout away from playing at Wyoming in 2002.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But it happened and Tennessee didn't play in Wyoming

dknash likes this.
  19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

These are all perfectly salient points, that are also completely irrelevant to Tennessee's record this year. Mizzou was a 7-5 team last year, just so happened that they had Tennessee on the schedule to lay down for them to get to 8-4. Florida has been a trainwreck for 7 seasons now and they're still 6-1 against us and it's nearing 20 years since we beat them in the Swamp last.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If Jeremy Pruitt is as good a coach as I think he will be, 9-3 should be attainable. But I am not confident at all. I just can't unsee the last two weeks of last season.

utvol0427 likes this.