How many wins makes 2019 a successful year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Joshua Arnold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

7 wins are the dividing line between a good season and a bad one. I also think this is the last season where we are "rebuilding" and will start to make some serious noise in 2020.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We still look to ve starting 2 true freshman, a guard that is one heartbeat away from dying, a center coming off acl surgery and fill in the blank on the line. Our qb has gotten the hell beat out of him for 2 years and is still questionable.

Our front 7 lost a lot and the 2 olbs are questionable.

Now we are good at reciver and dbs should be solid. RB is a questionmark to me right now.

Cheney will help and ansley will be good, but I also dont know if its in pruitts dna to give up control.

Are pieces together if it all perfectly fell into placr to won 8 or 9? Yes. But that's a very small chamces imo.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not as concerned at rb. Chandler, Jordan, Banks will be even better than last year from a skill set, having a better OC, OL and hopefully the defense worried more about JG. Add in the true freshman who is shifty and should be a weapon out of the backfield on 3rd and mid.
    Forgot about the center coming back. He should be about 22 or 23 and strong.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Dude, please

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Year -1?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In the revised ButchJonesian calendar, yes. Or, Year 1 BBJE

kmf600 likes this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

5-7 or less, Fahr Pruitt

6-6 I am on the fence about him being able to make it

7-5 is a reasonable expectation

8-4 would be a very good to great season

9 wins or more, we back

I'm going with 7 as my prediction.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

7-5, with good luck.
    6-6, neutral luck.
    5-7 with bad luck.

8 wins will not happen.

kmf600 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

now 8 is a lock, thanks

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

10 wins and an upset of UGA is utterly impossible.

I guarantee that it won’t happen.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Keep on

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So, so dumb. Maybe they don’t remember Clemson doing not a single damn thing for the 30 years preceding this run. Or Alabama’s decade of mediocrity. Or how quickly USC fell. Or Urban Meyer’s dynasties falling apart overnight two different times. Or a million other examples.

Only a handful of programs have everything you need to be a championship program. Tennessee is one of them.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

warhammer, IP, CitrusCo.Vol and 3 others like this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep. Probably 12-15 teams in college football that can be elite. Vols haven't been kicked out of that club yet, though I do think it is possible (Syracuse, Georgia Tech). The thinking that it is impossible for us to get back is almost as dumb as thinking it was inevitable that we would come back because we're Tennessee. It always was going to take the right coach. Jury is still out on Pruitt obviously.

IP, Memtownvol and RockyHill like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know if Pruitt is the guy, but it's the first time since 2002 that everything is going in one direction up there.

ptclaus98, Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People tend not to look any further back than 3 years.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's beginning his piece by mocking the roster doing well academically. At a university. [uck fay] him. Graduating players is part of the job for a successful coach.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was listening to Feldman and Mandel’s podcast and they both agreed that Nebraska had a better chance to returning to glory than tenn. all because of Scott frost. People are so stupid

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I mean if they are saying Nebraska has a better chance right this second that’s at least defensible. If we’re talking general ceilings between the programs it obviously isn’t.

chavisut likes this.