POLITICS Hong Kong Hullabaloo

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by DC Vol, Aug 13, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

china would pave the island before letting it go.

china is not afraid of sacrificing whatever it takes to send its messages. it's why the trade war approach wasn't the quick win it was thought it would be.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Which very well be what happens but I support their fight if they want their freedom

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess the only answer is to bend over and take whatever China says we get?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't think that is what IP is saying at all.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Man, lots of silence from the man who talks about everything.

This is pretty much the icing on the cake. We cannot view China as anything but an enemy. It's time to stop doing anything with them.

6. NorrisAlan

It's been building to this for years.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think central planning will stay effective and inefficiency will still cost them in the long run.

I hate how chicken farms are starting to send chickens grown here for processing there

8. NorrisAlan

And then send the meat back here? If so, how is that remotely cost effective?

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Labor cost savings.

It will be used for the chicken used in processed products like chicken nuggets and whatnot.

The usda is doing a lot of weird shit with our food. Like in beef not telling the country it was raised in so South America can easily sell their cheap beef.

IP likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, no. the answer is to reject all demands, calls, and pleas against liberty and democracy. The West has began enabling their authoritarian regime through cooperating with this shit in tech and social media. hell, we have begun enabling North Korea now too. why?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

and sooner or later these practices will kill a bunch of people.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

been doing it with all sorts of products. we do it with 500 year old trees, cut and sold cheap in Alaska on public land.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Do you have a good link where to read about this? Interesting stuff

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

google tongass national forest logging, it's been in the news recently because they are trying to lease more now.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I know, but it'll get him wound up

warhammer likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've got a 20 year old Bradford Pear they can have for free if they want it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

note that most coverage doesnt capture that Tongass has been being logged for 30 years.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The trade war is a losing game for China.

They’ve greatly benefited in opening up their country to capitalism, and won’t be able to ever re-close that door, IMO.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’ve got a friend who is an arborist and he calls Bradford Pear trees “ticking time bombs” for their propensity to collapse or topple beneath their own weight.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

capitalism and democracy are independent concepts.

tvolsfan likes this.