POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But seems like Bidens polling is either made up or screwed up so far in the democratic race.

He's performed way behind his polling so far

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He wasn't expected to do well in Iowa or New Hampshire. Still, primary polls have always seemed more volatile to me. General election polls tend to be steadier and there was nothing to suggest Biden was guaranteed to lose, if he's the nominee.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

4. Unimane

Not particularly. He was polling at about 19% in Iowa at the end and got about 16% of the vote, then was at about 10% in New Hampshire and got 8.5%. Not great, but in the MOE and didn't way underperform per expectations.

5. Unimane

I'm not buying Bloomberg having any chance at the nomination. However, I am starting to think he has enough to pull in votes from others to allow Sanders a clearer path to the nomination an avoid a brokered convention.

VolDad likes this.
  6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hillary was ahead in polling too. I don't listen to polls any longer. Uncle Joe does seem to be on heavy slide down lately.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

And hillary finished within the margin of error, and won the popular vote. a poll doesn't account for delegates

TennTradition and Unimane like this.
  8. Unimane

He does. However, the national polling on the general election in 2016 was remarkably accurate. Where the issue was on a couple of states like Wisconsin and, I think, Pennsylvania. States Trump won and had been polling for Hillary were largely in the MOE, as well. The polls also had Trump consistently leading in the primary polls and people ignored them because they couldn't believe he was still winning despite all the shit he was saying.

Like I always say, the polls aren't perfect or a be all, end all, but they are, usually, a pretty good gauge of things.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He was behind Hillary in polling too.

10. Unimane

And finished behind her.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

But is POTUS.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

All the news stations at the beginning of election night were quoting polls and what Trump had to do to win. At the end of night the shoe was on the other foot. That's the part I remember.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I remember all of the pollsters going on TV and trying to explain why they got it so wrong.

14. Unimane

Yes, but that wasn't the discussion. The discussion was about the accuracy of the polling.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Was it accurate enough to predict who won the presidency?

16. Unimane

It was accurate enough to serve it's purpose, largely, which was to gauge the popular vote and state votes. It's up to people to interpret the data.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol

NashVol11 likes this.
  18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Seems like things are going swimmingly for Mike Bloomberg tonight.

"I’d like to talk about who we’re running against: A billionaire who calls women fat broads & horse faced lesbians, and no I’m not talking about Donald Trump, I’m talking about mayor Bloomberg."

although I must say “horse faced lesbians” is an incredible line.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They also busted him big time for refusing to release women from non-disclosures.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He appears to have brought a wallet to a gun fight.