POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. GrantCase

GrantCase New Member

My hope is for an unquestioned winner. If Trump loses, I hope that he abdicates in a graceful manner.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got to admit, this is some good gallows humor:

NorrisAlan, CardinalVol and Unimane like this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump still has an edge in the electoral vote, just like he did in 2016. But just like 2016, when he lost the people vote... if winning defines "silent majority" then those people, who didn't vote for him, must not have voted. Because he lost the people vote.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The GOP has only received the majority of votes in a Presidential election once in the last 24 years. The Silent Majority doesn't vote, if it exists. Those that vote for the GOP are surely not silent, as one constantly hears from them. #1 cable channel. #1 radio network. So there is some evidence to suggest they would be more accurately called the Loudest Minority.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i don’t think that’s fair either. Republicans had more voters for Congress races over dems in 2016.

I don’t think I’d just look at popular vote for president to paint the whole picture since that’s not how elections are ran and won.

sorta how old school air raid guys didn’t use to care if they lost the game, as long as their passing numbers were good.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Would have been even funnier (but not appropriate) to add the old Democrat addage ", vote often."

7. NorrisAlan

I think Trump get's crushed, which means he will win in a landslide and be elected "President for Life".

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not a Trump fan, really, but he's going to win again.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Tulsi Gabbard to run in 2024

zehr27 likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i think he carries more states this time than last time

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A Yang/Tulsi ticket right now would already have this in the bag for the Dems

zehr27, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

I just don't know how. He cannot run on the same old platitudes. BUT, I have given up trying to predict this cat because I am always, ALWAYS wrong.

I don't see the attraction for him, I just don't get it. Like voting lima beans vegetable of the decade.

14. NorrisAlan

I would vote for Yang 11 out of 10 times.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because the Dems are attacking the man and not his policies.

Trump’s policies win with working class and blue collar people of all colors and backgrounds.

The managerial types are the ones that can’t stand him.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is there a poll that shows that? Most of what I have seen shows him down by like 8% or more in the states he needs to win in order to get to 270.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like which ones? The only one I can see he has a remote chance of picking up is Minnesota. He has a really strong chance of losing Arizona and even Florida, among a few others.

I think he has less of a chance than he did in 2016 and he had to run a straight flush of nearly all the close states to do it, sometimes by razor thin margins.

Unless something changes, he's losing. Right now, if there were an election, he's lose badly, maybe even Texas and Georgia, which would be catastrophic. He has an electoral advantage in that he can lose the popular vote and the geographic spread of his voters could still get him the win. So, he has a chance, but it's diminishing daily. Clinton was +2 in the popular vote, so he has some wiggle room (Which is asinine, but the EC is a talk for another day). If Biden continues to push double digit national leads, Trump is toast. Hell, Biden at +5 is a solid winner.

At this point, unless Biden does something significantly stupid, I'm not sure where Trump gets new support. He hasn't cultivated it and his best attempts to garner suburban women, where he has been hemorrhaging votes, has been to say "I'll keep the poors out.". Plus, there's all kinds of legal trouble and bad publicity brewing for him. He's in trouble and he knows it, or those around him do, for sure.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll believe it when I see it.

justingroves and hohenfelsvol like this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I mean, yeah, the 2016 result made us all on the left more paranoid. A lot of it was misreading the polls. Interestingly enough, the polls in 2012 were off more than the ones in 2016, but the winner was not affected by it and most didn't notice.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I call that poll the "ballot box," and it is from 2016. Because he's an incumbent.