COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Economies bounce back. They always do.

That is a high number for flu deaths, with very little variability. A range of only 500 from top to bottom? I wouldn't believe it.

But they're going to have a worse flu season this year, because there aren't enough people infected to determine what the best vaccine candidates are. Something that might happen to us, too.

2. fl0at_

Yea, my wife's newest employee just turned in notice... which is crazy, with unemployment high, but she's out of state, and single, and wants to go back to her support system.

3. fl0at_

I hope cocktails to go sticks around. Thats something that could change me to dining in. I hate having to feel obligated to finish a drink, there, because I'm nice enough to want to vacate a table after I've finished eating, so someone else can come in.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm all for a mask mandate. when i was in sedona arizona i was amazed how many people completely ignored it or had the mask down. i just think you need to protect the working class and if that means higher rates so be it.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a law in california you can't put a cork back in a bottle of wine and take it with you. so stupid.

6. fl0at_

I think that's most states. I don't think you can re-cork in Tennessee.

droski likes this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve absolutely re-corked in Tennessee.

At both BYOB/cork fees and purchased in-store. Aubrey’s has half price bottles on Saturday and one usually isn’t enough for us, and two is too many, so we take the rest of the second bottle home.

8. fl0at_

Cool, I'm going to ask next time I'm in a restaurant. The main reason I don't order a bottle is I won't finish it.

But if I can take it home.

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Tennessee made it legal with the thought that you wouldn't be compelled to finish your bottle and drive home having more than you should have.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Corkage fees / ability to re-cork make a lot of sense. I think it's dumb to disallow it. Much more risk of someone drinking too much too quickly than someone popping the cork out on the way home.

I'm actually a big fan of the drive-up cocktail windows here in Texas. I grab my wife and I margaritas on the way home from work a few times a month (pre-COVID).

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I just take it with me anyway. Almost never have had anyone say anything

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you aren't publicly intoxicated or actively consuming it, who should give a shit? Antiquated prohibition era nonsense, is what it is. I agree with others that it actually encourages dangerous and unhealthy behavior rather than having any positive effect. God forbid someone drink less than a full bottle in a sitting!

droski likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is why I helped elect Bob Corker

14. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Today, Tennessee changed a reporting category.
    Yesterday to back when this started, we had X Recovered Cases
    Today, the state has identified cases as being Inactive and have added them to the Recovered Cases to make X Inactive/Recovered Cases
    So, yesterday, Tennessee had 78% of the Total Cases Closed, today the number is 90% Closed.
    Bunch of BS imo.
    upload_2020-9-3_19-39-16.png

Attached Files:

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think the point of owning a restaurant is to put asses in seats. If I own a restaurant that seats 100 asses, and there are zero asses in those seats, it's going to hurt. I eat breakfast at the same restaurant every morning on the way to work, bacon and eggs with potatoes are shit 20 minutes later in a to go box in my opinion

justingroves likes this.
  16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Does Tennessee have an open container law? Because when I'm up there, I pour a drink before I leave the house. Every time. No matter what

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Don't be a [itch bay], I normally order a bottle of Jim Beam when I go out to eat, I finish it almost every time, youbcan finish a bottle of wine dude

warhammer likes this.
  18. fl0at_

I cannot finish a bottle of wine. Be dehydrated for days. It's never good.

kmf600 likes this.
  19. fl0at_

I think restaurants want turnover, not assess occupying seats. Eat the food in your truck. Better AC and music, anyway.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, you figure out what the average dollar amount spent per customer is or should be, then you teach your staff how to upsell maybe $2-3 per customer. After that, you figure out how to get as many of them in and out of the door as quickly as you can, without having an effect on the quality of your food. For lunch, you try to do it even faster.