COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Brentwood has had kids out at all levels. Some stayed home for remote, which meant more space, but the sports teams have been short players for most events. Volleyball team has won like 7 straight titles or something crazy but is battling right now as seniors with no symptoms sit at home in quarantine.
    Question is, now as temps change and sinuses are acting up, some covid questions about patient symptoms will actually be due to cold and sinus so i don't know how they are going to measure or determine. If runny nose means stay home, may as well shut down schools again after the worst halloween ever.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He doesn't start city schools until 3rd grade, otherwise he has to take weekend classes to make sacrament.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fair. I am for maximum transparency.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gotta be hitting the pervert community hard.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. fl0at_

Runny nose isn't a system that most people follow, and colds don't normally come with a fever. Sinusitis can, though.

Generally speaking, I believe most schools and businesses have a stay home if sick policy. Most people just never follow it, and get other people sick.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Simultaneously, it is being claimed masks are bad because people's immune systems are weakened AND bad because people are breathing in more bacteria. Can't be both. It shouldn't be either, but it can't be both.

Also, dirty masks are not meant to be worn day after day without cleaning.

7. fl0at_

7 day moving average for the country starting to show an uptick again. Hopefully it starts heading back down again.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Perhaps not but my daughter was sent home in COVID protocol on Monday for a runny nose that was apparently accompanied with a 99.3 fever.

Worth noting that the nurse debated sending her home in the protocol last week for “my stomach hurts” and no fever.

9. fl0at_

Does her school not spell out specifically the criteria?

So odd. Every open school here has specific criteria. Some are more stringent than others, but nobody sent a kid to school without knowing the criteria before hand.

10. TennTradition

They spell out the criteria for coming back. Just not what can get you out in it apparently.

The criteria for coming back are a negative test (what we did) or at least 10 days quarantine and after that at least 24 hours since a fever over 100.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm pretty concerned that we are on a rollercoaster we can't break out of without a widespread vaccination effort. the past 3 months are probably the level of control we are capable of, which is requiring a level of restrictions many find unacceptable already.

As some have said, what if the warm weather did help, but we didn't appreciate the level of effect yet?

or, you know, [uck fay] it let's not be controlled by the globalists and just see what happens.

12. fl0at_

Nobody thought to ask what the send home, stay home criteria was?

Hell, one of the criteria for stay home/send home here for one school open is if anyone in the household gets a test.

13. TennTradition

Yes, they have a list each morning you have to check through before going. That includes certain symptoms or conditions (such as suspected COVID in a household member).

However once there it appears to be discretion. There are things that definitely get you sent into the protocol - fever over 100. But light cough? Runny nose? Probably not. But combined with fever under 100 threshold. Looks like that’s enough.

14. fl0at_

I think that is bad policy, and I think that will end badly. No point in having policy if not going to follow it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

runny nose seems like, in itself, nothing.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think breathing the air in a mask is leading to it.

It's just that it leads to more face touching and mask getting dirty that's leading to more exposure of germs to kids.

On a positive note covid hasn't been an issue though with staff or students.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It keeps changing from the CDC.

Ours has changed about 4 or 5 times since school has started.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

forgot about the dreaded 2nd wave...ohhhhh noooooo

20. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

My understanding from the articles is that the 22 number was from end of June. It was intentionally concealed until now. Be end of July, a "more than 80 number" was rumored and the Health department confirmed. When asked about the correlation of about 80 to the 20,000 or so cases, the Health Department started scrambling which is the email of July 30 that is shown in the Fox article.

I have not seen copies of the actual emails prior to July 30 (I do not think they have been leaked yet - maybe the person that obtained is about to put out a bigger story) but those emails are apparently the ones with the "This is not going to be publicly released right" and "Correct, not for public consumption" quotes are coming from.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    TennTradition likes this.