COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If you can't defend a position, don't hold a position.

If you don't want to defend a position, keep your meek head down. Lord says y'all inherent the earth anyway.

As an edit: Where Indy fails here is that going beyond what society considers a minimum isn't selfish, it just might not be a good idea.

2. fl0at_

It is possible to be exposed and not pick it up, but I mean that more for y'all than for her. What she did was reckless, but that doesn't mean you are definitely going to get it. Hope you don't, though.

TennTradition likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not super concerned with it. We are all healthy and young in my house, biggest concern is one of us getting in and being asymptomatic and passing it on to someone else.

Knox County health department deemed my son to be low/no risk of exposure and he doesn't have to quarantine even though he literally sits two desks away from the kid daily.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It gets better, the school has likely known about it since Friday (at least the test and likely the result) and still has not informed anyone at the school about it. We only found out from another parent who has a child that has to quarantine and we worked backwards from there to figure out the positive case. We've since confirmed it with a couple of people at the school even though admin still hasn't been cleared to notify students/families and staff.

5. fl0at_

I would use some "informed sense." But I imagine you already do. Don't go places without a mask for a number of days. If you show symptoms, quarantine. If you don't show symptoms, still, mask. Ya know, simple things.

6. fl0at_

It's amazing that this thing still spreads at all...

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Better yet, another child who has to quarantine has a birthday party Saturday. Parents of the kid sent out a message saying that they are still having the party even though the kid was exposed and is supposed to be under quarantine.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Emails should be going out immediately.

We get a school-wife email for every positive. Then if you are identified as close contact you get a follow-up email with instructions. We haven’t gotten that one (yet).

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

No. :shock:

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If he’s 72 1/8” inches away, he’s good. 71.99999999999. Or less and 15 minutes or more without moving and his ass is at the house for 14 days.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The 6' and 15 minute thing as a hard rule is so dumb. If my son sat a foot from the kid for 10 minutes, he's in the clear. 5.5' away for 16 minutes, quarantine time!

Volst53 likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A nearby school had a girl that tested positive early in the week.

girl continued going to school and class till homecoming and after being crowned queen. Parents informed the school that she had tested positive.

Basically quarantined a whole grade.

The girls mom is an RN.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I lost a football player for two weeks due to having to take a mandatory state test in the computer lab.

once the tape measure was brought out he was 70 inches away during the test from the student that tested positive.

14. fl0at_

I'm sorry for your loss.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stay safe. Stay at home. Watch tv.

fl0at_ likes this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This was early in the year. Kid was fine and didn’t catch the virus.

student that sat near him was also fine and was asymptotic

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Defending a position, and you refusing to hear it is what I'm tired of dude. You try to run anyone you don't agree with in circles, and it's just not worth it. Enjoy

18. fl0at_

I hear it. If it's a stupid position, I try to get the other person to see it.

I don't run anyone in circles. It takes more than one person to argue. People run themselves.

I can't make you "hear it" anymore than I can make anyone else see their stupid position; but I've pointed it out.

And now you are free to ignore it (which is most likely), or run yourself through a circle, and tell me, I'm sure, how I caused your responses.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

One of my best friends growing up is a teacher back home. He and his son have already had to quarantine twice, which basically means he's farmed a lot.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Numbers are shooting up all over Europe. I've been working from home today. Four of us share an office. We have been told that a maximum of one person per office is allowed for the short term. Three of the four of us who share an office are taking turns. As office lead, I get the pleasure of deciding on the rotation and explaining to our boss why the newly hired, untrained intern, who does very little more than sit and take online classes and needs a ride in to work each day, doesn't get a day in the rotation. Seriously, I have to explain that crap.