Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, we pay big money for a hot shit AD who's best option is to hire the guy from his old job, one who pulled a 6-4 record and got blown out in his last game? Why bother? He's either incredibly arrogant or incredibly stupid to make this hire. I'm inured enough to stupid stuff this school does to not be outraged anymore.

Memtownvol and reVOLt like this.
  2. juicemane

juicemane Member

I’ll say whatever the number actually is when that info comes out?

I think you’re missing the point, which is the whole internal investigation to can a current coach with no buyout thing.

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

this is what I said last night. You can get creative with contracts to overcome objections. It’s obvious to me that White isn’t intelligent enough to know this.

this was a sales job, he blew it.

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It just wasn’t hard. You got Kiffin and Chadwell. Both fit nicely. For all the p/r on DW, he is either stubborn as frick or has John Currie level disdain for the fans...or both. This was a terrible process with a disappointing hire. And if Heupel gets you to 7/8 win seasons and weathers the storm is the guy that hired him twice going to fire him?

Memtownvol, reVOLt and tvolsfan like this.
  5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The power of Tennessee ineptitude is stronger than Danny White competence.

6. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I find it [uck fay]ing embarrassing that they offered Franklin who covered up rape, but were too good to at least talk to Kiffin, Freeze and Chadwell because of "integrity" concerns. Get the [uck fay] out of here with that noise.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Just imagine how bad recruiting is going to be. Yikes.

sbradle4 and A-Smith like this.
  8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

It really just needs to be known if we were blackballed by sexton or vice versa. That’s how we can decide who’s the most stupid.

spoiler: it’s us both ways

justingroves likes this.
  9. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

We might break the top 25 every year in recruiting.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Every "fan" says they are done when things don't go their way it seems like but I seriously am done giving a shit. [uck fay] this and [uck fay] them. I'll stay on the board to chat but UT football is dead to me at this point. It took 40 years and now our 5th disaster hire in a row but they've finally accomplished killing off my give a damn which I feel is pretty high considering I have a scar on my right hand from a bone shooting through the skin when I got mad and put my hand through a table against Memphis State when I was 16. And I walked out of a hospital with a serious staph infection in 2006 just so I could see my first ever UT/Bama game (the last one that we won). I feel like my fandom was pretty damn up there and I absolutely do not give one single damn anymore after this stunt. All they had to do was hire Chadwell or Kiffin if they missed on the big targets. Or shit go get Leipold or Matt Entz and sell us on the possibility of greatness due to their track record. But no, bring us this Donnie Tyndall looking mother[uck fay]er that the UCF fans and media are celebrating BECAUSE he left.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No offense to Heupel, but UT football was a rotting corpse before this hire and remains one now. It's who we are.

cpninja and A-Smith like this.
  12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

What’s really sad is when you see these scrubs in the photoshopped UT gear now it fits.

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Now unfortunately this may be true. They should have known better than skipping on the buy out and being high and mighty about it.

IP likes this.
  14. juicemane

juicemane Member

cya next year

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yall arent done...angry. But not done. Gsme 1 next year you will be mixing a drink or taking a puff and watching to see what happens.

juicemane likes this.
  16. juicemane

juicemane Member

At least I can finally get some work done this week. Vent away guys, I know it sucks

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

so underwhelming it's sad

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I guess I need to move on to acceptance because this is on the official ut sports site...

[​IMG]

"Heupel will be formally introduced during a live-streamed press conference Wednesday at 12:05 p.m. ET on UTsports.com and SEC Network."

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You're about to witness what would've happened had Schiano taken the job anyway.

20. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I’d like to know what DW told players the day he was hired, and what he told them today.