Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I believe you underestimate me my friend. This isn't a knee jerk reaction. It's like I'm playing Russian Roulette with a Smith & Wesson 357 Magnum. There is only one bullet in the chamber and the 7 chambers are spun and put into place. I'm 7th in line. Then all six people in front of me take their shot and are relieved to find they weren't blown to pieces. Me, the 7th, knows my fate. The die has been cast. I'm just simply done.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Honestly resume and football wise this makes the Schiano look like a homerun , besides rape stuff at PSU

A-Smith likes this.
  3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

upload_2021-1-27_9-3-18.gif

justingroves and JT5 like this.
  4. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Actually, the past decade has been therapeutic for me as a fan. I realize that I enjoy spending more time with my kids and less worrying about UT football - there's more to life than this. But I do enjoy college football Saturday's in the fall - there's nothing quite like them. I just haven't been as passionate about it anymore as I've gotten older. I had my hopes up for this hire though thinking we could at least get Chadwell and by God at least that would have been exciting. But no, we've got a guy that got fired from his own college that he played at - and who was beginning to tank at UCF - as the coach to guide UT through all of the mess coming it's way. Whatever. Good luck, God bless, but you don't have my support. Whatever happens will have to happen without me.

reVOLt likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I wish I could find an 8 round revolver right now... heck, you can’t even buy a 5 round pocket gun nowadays.

6. Savage Orange

Botch, Pruitt and Schiano probably on a zoom meeting right now laughing their collective asses off.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ve seen this disputed. Do we know we didn’t try?

Is Sexton freezing us out over Pruitt?

8. Savage Orange

Somebody needs to ask him point blank at the presser today.

9. TennTradition

Why not put Steele at a position and go get a DC like Muschsmp? Unless culture is horrible fit. Shannon is clearly not getting it done.

Who is a DC that has found at least some ability to field a D with a high scoring offensive scheme?

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If a client of Sexton wants to talk to UT and Sexton doesn't contact us I suspect he could be sued by said client.

warhammer and KyleAlexanderfan like this.
  11. Savage Orange

Muschamp is the de facto DC at Georgia now. He’ll be getting the permanent job shortly, I believe.

TennTradition likes this.
  12. TennTradition

We also haven’t lured a coach that we would pay that much. Amd that migh not be because we aren’t willing to pay it. They might just be waiting for a place they have a shot of being successful.

13. TennTradition

I suppose he could tell them they’re free to go.

14. TennTradition

Fear of the unknown is usually worse. We’ve said we are going to. Or let it be said. We shivved our head coach and announced to the world that we’ll do it to the next guy too if you don’t play by all the rules. That’s a tough situation to go succeed in.

15. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

I got close to this point with the Botch hire, and Pruitt was the final straw. Welcome to the club. At some point, enough is enough. I now watch a UT game occasionally as I liken it to staring at a fatal car wreck -- morbid curiosity prevents me from looking away. And I could not resist following along here and at VN during yet another coaching search with the faint hope that this time maybe it would be different. It wasn't.

Right after the Dooley hire I was told by an "insider" that things were so badly broken at UT that it would take at least 20 years to straighten out. In the last 15 years UT has had, at each position, 4 or 5 different presidents, chancellors, ADs, and HCs and what, 9 losing seasons? He was definitely right about the broken part and the only thing left to see is if it in fact takes 20+ years or if it ever gets back on track at all.

As always, I've gotten a good laugh out of some of the posts here and I wish all of you the best. I'll probably scan the forums occasionally going forward but it will be increasingly hard to do once the inevitable sunshine pumping for Heupel/White gets into full gear (it's already spooling up over at VN).

reVOLt likes this.
  16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I legitimately wonder how many coaches turned us down.

The more I read the more it looks like we shit the bed on this. Hope I'm wrong, but when the majority of UCF's fanbase is relieved to have him go elsewhere that's a pretty huge red flag.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Alright boys and girls, place your orders...

[​IMG]

tvolsfan likes this.
  18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That feeling when you realize Butch Jones has been your most successful coach of the past 10-12 years.

sbradle4 likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm ready for the "GeT Heup" shirts that will replace the"Aight" shirts that all the morons were buying up when we hired Pruitt.

sbradle4 likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I honestly don’t care too much about that. They caught lightning in a bottle and think that should’ve continued. Ok.