Potential Assistants

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Martinez is a total meh for me. He’s not really the problem, but I’m not sure he’s the solution either. And that’s the problem with a lot of the defensive staff—I can get excited about Garner and about what we have going on offense, but the rest of the defensive staff just seems like they’re...there.

warhammer likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's kind of what the Big 12/AAC is doing and Heupel's offensive coaches were Mangino and Leach at Oklahoma.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, Tennessee is going to score 38 and allow 45 is what I'm seeing

hohenfelsvol and 2Maggitt2Quit like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Which is kind of better than scoring 17 and allowing 38, but not really

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've at least brought in 3 seemingly able recruiters on the defensive side of the ball.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know Garner is going to get guys, but if Dr Danny and Donde want to make sure Tennessee is "legal" the results won't be great

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can rationalize that into a positive in that if that's how Tennessee is losing games, we can get recruits on the defensive side of the ball basically by saying "Hey our offense scores, we need you to stop the other guys".

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I was actually being facetious about the Jancek hire. No thanks.

warhammer likes this.
  9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

We should've hired Danny Tanner to be AD if that is how it's gonna be from now on.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think "legal" is "don't be brazingly stupid"

warhammer, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Was Martinez here when Florida went over the top of our defense to win the game as time expired? If so, [uck fay] him. I don’t give a shit if he’s coached 100,000 successful snaps - I’m petty and that’s the only one I remember.

That said, assuming Steele sticks around for linebackers, Garner for the front, and Martinez in the back...that’s 3 lifetimes of SEC recruiting and coaching experience on that side of the ball...it’s a pretty solid presence at every level.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m going to try to adult here and withhold further judgement until I see the on field results next season... it’s probably not going to work out (I’m terrible at adulting) but that’s the current plan.

Volokie, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The dline will be good. There's already a lot of talent there and Garner is top notch.

The linebackers are thin, but there's some talent there, just not a lot of depth. I'm assuming Jancek is better than a tight end coach.

The dbs have some bodies there, Taylor and McCullough are by far the best. Martinez has his work cut out for him there

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And this defense will be focused on forcing turnovers and field goals.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did White basically decide who is going to be on our staff or was it Heupel (however you spell the damn thing)? If it was all White's doing, we are [uck fay]ity [uck fay] [uck fay]ed.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Depends on who you ask

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So White.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Charlton Warren was DB coach when that happened.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

So this is a piece mill D Staff, a hodgepodge of toilet paper of sorts?? Waiting for the wins, Winning cures all!!

1 case Scott single ply
    2 cases Chinese single ply with chemicals
    1 pack of Charmin
    1 pack of Cottonelle

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

[uck fay] Charlton Warren til I die.

zehr27 likes this.