NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont get the player safety argument. Use subs. If we are worried about player safety they actually shouldn't play at all.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, why do shootouts? They have days to recover, right? So there should be no problem, right? I look forward to seeing your proposal for an expanded 72 man roster so that teams are all 2 or 3 deep like in hockey.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If they change the rules to allow for it to count as a point than it does. If you can change the rules for football OT to decide all of a sudden a 2-point conversion doesn't need a legitimate TD first, and will count for 1 point then you can change the rules to count a strike as a point.

Pointing out how stupid it is to entirely change the rules of the game simply because it's OT isn't deflecting. It's calling out stupidity for what it is. My point is pretty clear, "play the game". I'm sorry if that is so high-level that it's escaping you.

Yours is too, "Change the rules entirely cause I'm tired, and I think the players are tired too".

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Both teams had an equal chance to win the game. It's called regulation.

5. InVolNerable

I hate shootouts. Anybody who actually enjoys hockey does too. And like I said, they don't have shootouts when it actually matters. Hockey may be 3 deep, but they play every other day. Football is 2-3 deep and play once a week. They can handle a couple extra minutes of actual extra gameplay.

You've yet to make a valid point in favor of playing an entirely different game to determine the outcome of the actual game being played.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Both teams at least get to do it, whatever it is.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Oh, you’re right. I’m convinced. No reason to make overtime make sense then.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. InVolNerable

I agree. They should play pinochle to decide the outcome instead. If you cant win your sport in regulation, you don't deserve to play your sport in overtime.

tvolsfan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Flipping a coin after a 60 minute deadlock is just the way to go. Don't even take the field. They both had a chance to win in regulation! This is a very reasonable position!

tvolsfan likes this.
  10. InVolNerable

At least the players will be fresh an entire week from now.

11. Ssmiff

Why is IP so fired up tonight?

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8 minute OT, normal rules. If team A can milk the clock for 8 minutes, more power to them.

13. Ssmiff

I was always good with college 25 yard line rules. Anything but keeping a guy in one of the best zones in nfl playoff history and maybe the goat of games, watching from the bench.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

emainvol likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

College ought to back it up to the 50 or something. At least make it necessary to get a first down before kicking a field goal

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Broncos make the most sense. Imo

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My exact thought. Maybe even your own 40.

18. CardinalVol

Sean Payton is stepping down.

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Let’s Taysom have the bag and then dips what a guy.

20. CardinalVol

There is wisdom in seeing the writing on the wall.

Savage Orange likes this.