Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 23, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bro, I have been stressed the day before Pitt, Florida, LSU, and Bama. I am not particularly stressed tonight. I've thought they were overrated all year, and we are still favored by 2 scores. I could be wrong. And then I'll be sad. But I don't think I am. 45-20.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It’s not super unusual for a couple different books to open a point or two off and then normalize over the week. Everything I saw Sunday was 12.5 or 13 though.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Didnt we have 3 interim coaches beat KY? Am I wrong on that? Or 2? If there was a game where 70-13 was justified this is it. The Stoops??? CJH has to hold a grudge. Jeez I know they will try to grind but just beat the hell out them in front of a frenzied crowd with that poser Herbstreit eating it…live…in person. Serve notice. We aren’t that 5 star team but we are coming to beat your ass with our last breath

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not a big believer in the past predicting the present in sports. O just see a very overrated team coming on the road to a hot dark horse for the championship

5. I made UT -10 with my model so -12.5 doesn’t seem too far off. This was assuming no Tillman though.

6. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

[uck fay] your model. Vols by 30

7. Frankly this is a Tennessee team that hasn’t been really blowing out the majority of its so-so ranked opponents. Pitt, Florida, Alabama were all one-score margins. LSU, Akron, UT Martin, and Ball State were blowouts, so it’s 3 for 4 for close victories over blowouts when you look at teams with a pulse. Combine that with looking ahead to Georgia, maybe some conservative playcalling to save exotic stuff for them, and just trying to get off the field instead of embarrassing a team that’s kinda beneath you…

Then you have Kentucky, who has looked bad without Levis but kind of okay to sometimes good with him, and they love to slow that game down to a snails pace. A lot of sharps probably look at the situation and think it’s not going to be a blowout, so they put money on the cats.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Sounds like an investment disclaimer

Past performance is not an indicator of future performance

We are going to whip them like a rented mule…Marc Collie, Fire Down Below

9. All of this is not to mention that many national types hate Tennessee and love to be contrarians, so with all the hype around the program, it’s kind of a trendy, edgy pick to say “UT is overhyped” and bet into that, thinking you’re getting the cats at a bargain price.

OneForVol and IP like this.
  10. And finally of course it is worth noting that Vegas lines, on average, are off 11-13 points from the true outcomes. It just so happens that they’re off to one side or the other about 50/50, so it all averages out to high mean accuracy with low absolute mean accuracy.

Tar Volon, Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I saw -14 as well.

12. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

pregame pep talk:

13. Equine Ducklings

14. Equine Ducklings

15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

It’s what I tell Oklahomans when they talk about Heuple coming back to OU because of a huge salary offer.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just had a dream we were up 21-0 after 10 minutes and then kicked an on side kick and recovered. Tv showed Ashley Judd crying on the sidelines sitting on a big plush couch.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I dreamed we were down at halftime. I was sitting on my couch crying.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Are you Ashley Judd?

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

upload_2022-10-29_8-46-24.jpeg

zehr27 and CardinalVol like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sat near Ashley at a basketball game. She sweats like Bruce Pearl

Memtownvol likes this.