Mizzou

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Nov 5, 2022.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

he really does play the game in the pocket more than just about any other quarterback I’ve ever seen.

No deep drops, doesn’t abandon and roll out…he plants his ass square in the trenches. It was a nightmare in Athens, but has been a thing of beauty to watch otherwise.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seems when we have problems it is when we start behind the chains. We did that a lot on Saturday.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He’s already 5 yards back in the gun though. Clock has to tick in his head. He’s got to get it out or buy time or run and held onto it longer waiting for a wr to break open. Hooker isn’t really good at buying time in the pocket with his head up as Wrs go into scramble drill, nor does he step around and up in the pocket, so he’s got to throw it or just take off imo.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IMO he was trying to force it down the field too much.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. Take what is being given and pull them in.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Anyone who doesn't predicate their gameplan against Tennessee on stopping our deep ball is stupid at this point.

7. CardinalVol

Oh, everyone does. UGA just has the horses to pull it off.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

GA didn’t play the pattern match game and just straight manned us up with press coverage on the split end and kept a loaded box count for us.

I think this threw off the coaches game plan and they didn’t get into any play calling rhythm until the 2nd half.

I don’t think it was their plan to throw 9 straight times in the script

A-Smith and IP like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And there were still opportunities that Hendon just missed

DC Vol likes this.
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

What is Jabari Small’s status?

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I saw something that he was available but didn't return to play.

Really impacted us.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

How they come out swinging against Mizzou will tell us a lot about this team. They've spoken all year about the way they prepare, the purge following a win, etc. Now it's time to see it. I want to see them take Mizzou to the shed for a thorough beating in every facet of the game. I want to see the face of defeat, fear, and frustration on the face of Mizzou's coach by the end of the first quarter.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hubbs says the offensive line wants blood this week.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good

15. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

We're going to come out and dominate Missouri at the line of scrimmage. Their offense won't get anything sustained.

Our offense will get clicking again. Missouri will lay down.

Our offensive line has been one of my biggest surprises this year and those boys are going to be hungry to make up for last game.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hurt people hurt people.

PilotFlyingJ, ole_orange and A-Smith like this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

On a light hearted note, Smokey X's last home game is this Saturday. A damn good boy. As silly as it may be, I actually feel a little sentimental personally about his retirement as I remember him being just a pup when I was starting out at UT a decade ago. Cute idea here. Would be a cool moment to acknowledge his career and service to our University if they allowed him to run the T for the final time by himself.

justingroves likes this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Will always love this clip CBS perfectly captured this year of Smokey X ready for war as the T was forming against Alabama. Buddy was ready to go. Even he knew Alabama was in town. College football, man

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was ready

ole_orange likes this.
  20. CardinalVol