South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Nov 13, 2022.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I still remember the heated debates about us wearing a black jersey against USC. Black uniforms, Smokey Greys, Orange helmets; those traditionalist must be spinning in their graves.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

5 helmets now. Never, ever would have thought that possible, nor would I have wanted it.

But, now that they’re here, I actually like all 5 of them.

PilotFlyingJ, justingroves and VolDad like this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But that black jersey combo against Sakerlina in 2009….horrendous then, and even more horrendous looking back on it now.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they keep scoring 50 plus on SEC teams constantly and they can wear whatever the hell they can think of

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Thrown together at the last minute and it looked it.

DeonG and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They were ugly

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

We've come a long way in terms of embracing a more modern approach with the unis.

It really wasn't that long ago where even the orange pants only made an appearance once every 6 or 7 years.

sbradle4 likes this.
  8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I hope we have some of those sunglasses conveniently lying around Saturday night.

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Still not a huge fan of the black unis, but them smokey greys look sharp.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

These will always be some of the best jerseys just because the whole ordeal made Jimmy Hyams look like a dipshit.

tvolsfan, VolDad and OneForVol like this.
  11. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

This is a true statement

12. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

Ugly, but cool?

justingroves likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Was telling someone earlier I only remember it as part of a derogatory statement one of my youth football coaches used. Something like don't get caught standing there with your cleats stuck in the ground or something like that. Guy drank Black Label beer on the way to every game and practice, so you know he knew his stuff.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I loved them

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I actually like Smokey grays at LSU. Now Orange Helmets on the road. It’s good marketing to just steal a little attention from the home team on the road. The fact that it’s at USCJr and the helmets are Clemons-esque just shows how we will troll you then beat you. DW has become quite the fan loving AD this year.

Volokie, Memtownvol and VolDad like this.
  16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

After being kicked in the nuts while down, I love our swagger...

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was hoping we'd go orange pants with the orange helmet, but still looks sharp.

OneForVol and TDVol1989 like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It took us being irrelevant while watching Oregon and others dress like clowns on the national stage to get over the fear of doing anything different than the 80's.

What is funny to me is just like tennessee had worn black before... Tennessee wore orange helmets before. After ww2 with Neyland.

The uniform purists believe in a myth.

Memtownvol, Duckman and justingroves like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love that Danny said traditional uniforms for rivals and then wears alternates for UK and South Carolina.

The orange helmets are kinda of Clemson, wearing them against USCe is hilarious

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe this is deliberate. I almost believe the clemsonesque helmets for scar is deliberate. Like, we aren't your rivals but the beatdowns can still feel and look personal to you.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.