Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If Ohio State doesn't want to go to the [uck fay]ing Rose Bowl, then their asses need to go to the back of the line and end up in the Cotton or Weedeater Bowl or whatever. Oh, you're "bored" to play in the Rose Bowl again and want to step into our opportunity? [uck fay] right off.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I went to Dallas for the NCAAT first 2 rounds the year we lost to Sister Jean. It was fine. Not in my list of top 10 cities. It was probably better than Minneapolis

3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Big brand leg humpers with hypocritical self serving logic, they treat you like family.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The KNS article reads like falling to the Cotton is probable, not just possible. We might need USC to lose. Then we’d need to jump then to make the Orange. Voltwitter will be positively off the chain if we end up in the Cotton. And rightly so.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Danny White needs to show us what he can do this week.

zehr27, TDVol1989 and warhammer like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is what SEC shorts would be if it wasn’t stupid

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds like a good case for why Hooker deserves the heisman. How can he not if he’s THAT impactful?

I’ll take being ranked lower than Bama (we’re both missing the playoff anyway) if it means Hooker wins heisman.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Also, if LSUwins we might go to the Citrus Bowl.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

LSU Sugar, Alabama Cotton, Ohio State Orange, Penn State Rose

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I feel like if Ohio State [itch bay]es their way out of the Rose Bowl, then the Rose should have to take the team that would have been where Ohio State lands. It shouldn't mean that the Big 10 gets an extra team in a NY6 because Ohio State whines.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No [uck fay]ing way does UT fall to the Citrus. Orange will be falling all over themselves to get UT and the 40,000 people that will be pouring into Miami on New Years.

warhammer likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My favorite taco place is in Johnson City. Never would’ve believed it 20 years ago.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Its amazing how easily you can create most of the dishes with a bit of effort.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is where I am. I'm not gonna get worked up about a doomsday bowl scenario because

A. Mike Hamilton isn't our AD

and

B. We're the prettiest girl at the ball

CardinalVol likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That joker let us get pissed on multiple times.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. We're gonna sell out some stadium, whether it be in Miami, New Orleans, or Dallas. And I can see White declaring war on anyone who tries to screw us over.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

As soon as Clemson accepted the Peach Bowl invite he made it Tennessee's bowl destination because it gave him a chance to look like a big shot in front of his old friends. Clemson sells their entire bowl allotment immediately and ends up getting nearly half of Tennessee's since nobody wanted to make that return trip to Atlanta.

So, a 10 win team gets rewarded by playing in a lower tier bowl and a great senior class ends their careers by getting the shit booed out of them.

justingroves and warhammer like this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Dallas against Tulane would completely suck at this point. I cannot be convinced otherwise

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I will be happy when we get to the 12 team playoff because then it honestly won't friggin matter on the other bowls. At that point it really will be, "who gives a shit" and it's just a glorified practice for those players that are staying for the following year.

As it stands having to play a Cotton Bowl in Dallas with this team in this situation is a bunch of shit. Because it truly puts us in an absolute no win situation. We'll be expected to win big and if we lose then we'll be laughed at and mocked for losing. At least playing an Orange Bowl versus Clemson or North Carolina had some potential to be fun - especially against Clemson if we could skull[uck fay] that inbred coach of theirs and shut up his dumbass mouth.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If we get screwed and he doesn't say shit I will lose all faith in him.