top 10 crazy shake up

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Nov 26, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It can be fixed. Detonate the conference tie-ins.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not if the bowl isn't willing to change. Currently holding up 12 team playoff starting in 24 because they refuse to budge from the 5pm est start on Jan 1. The business of the game has evolved and they refuse to do it. I'm over it. Join everyone else, change, or host a 6-6 Pac 12 team and a 8-4 G5 team on Fox Regional while everyone else is watching the quarterfinals.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

well ya, I can't make a horse drink.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Rose Bowl was also the one to look down their nose at the BCS until they were finally told by the Big10 and Pac10 to get into the game or they will not win another Natty. Bunch of stuck up old codgers must be running that thing and don't think their shit stinks.

cpninja likes this.
  5. cpninja

cpninja Member

Bunch of olds who think the "history" of the game is more relevant than anything else, meanwhile they're making sure it wont stay relevant for future generations. Once the boomers start to drop, the living memory of the Rose Bowl will be roughly the same as the Peach and Orange. Maybe even less relevant if the PAC doesnt shape up over the next decade.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

History is relevant, but you eventually risk getting replaced with the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl if you are that unwilling to change something like a start time.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's because he's a real coach with a history of accomplishments. He just sucked at being a HC of a major program.

justingroves likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Every year, I tell myself that I'm going to sit down and watch the Rose Bowl and every year I'm asleep before the first possession change.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ok this one might be going too far

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

True. I've not been to either stadium, but I've been to Shreveport.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Seems dumb to hold out for an exclusive broadcast window for one year to be kicked out of the semifinal rotation for the duration of the next contract. Seems like a pretty clear decision to make

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If they delay this I would create the Wish.com Flower Bowl in Boozeman Mt or something and make it clear they get the old Rose Bowl site slot

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Personally I’m still a sucker for the Rose Bowl mystique. The divided crowd overhead blimp shots. The pristine green field and colorfully painted endzones. The setting sunset background. Watching USC beat the shit out of the 2nd or 3rd best Big Ten teams over the years. Hard to imagine New Years Day without having a Rose Bowl to watch as you nurse a violent hangover

justingroves likes this.
  16. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

... and just like that...

OSU figna replace USC at #4.

Bet.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There is no logical reason for the worst P5 conference to have 2 teams in playoffs.

justingroves likes this.