Should Nico Start?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volsdude, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I will say I think the schedule is relatively manageable next year, especially for an odd year.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. Florida and A&M are the wild cards. Otherwise there’s eight teams we should beat (never a guarantee though—see: South Carolina being on this list) and Georgia/Bama.

3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Watching Milton sit in that pocket waiting to bomb it fifty yards, I keep thinking he’s gonna take off realizing he’s built like a tank TE with good speed and start running like the gator QB, hasn’t happened much yet.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The runs will be in the game plans next year or he won’t start long. This offense needs multiple qb runs per game. It was raining and we had a walkon as a backup. 100% believe Milton was told to just launch it or get rid of it and not keep it on rpo.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and utvol0427 like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We were up scores and shutting them down from the start. Kind of makes sense not to risk anything while blowing out vandy at the end of the year when already down a qb

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And when Jaylen Wright is averaging 32 yards a carry, no need to endanger your only scholarship QB.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And those deep throws were safe low risk high reward. They simply manged his night and he managed the game just fine.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Gonna be tough to start a true freshman.

But Milton isn't the long term answer.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. VOLinDAWGland

Define long term. Milton only has 1 year.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Beyond the next game.

peelwonder and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  11. VOLinDAWGland

If they run him properly and regularly and he hits enough bombs he should get us to Nico or the other QB that's hurt whether that's sometime in 2023 or 2024.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Milton to get it but I'm betting Tayven or Nico take over pretty quick next season

OneForVol likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I really wanted Milton to get it (and still do) because he just has a great talent and he seems to have really bought into what Heupel is selling, even if it doesn't show on the field. He has been a great teammate and that is all you can ask for.

That said, after Saturday, he just looks too much like he did last year and I really don't hold out much hope.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would waste 100 bucks on betting on him winning the Heisman on 2023 because if it clicks he's Cam Newton, I just don't expect it.

ole_orange and A-Smith like this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

We have no reason to believe it will happen necessarily, but I won’t bet against Heupel finding a way to teach Milton how to get a little air under the ball on some throws and how to just take a little mustard off on others.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I just don't think he can get the touch needed to run this offense like Heup wants.

17. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

So was Bray

18. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Completing the occasional pretty bomb is nice, but the guy can't complete a 10 yard pass to save his soul.

19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

People don’t want to hear this it’s sounds to down on the farm. He needs intense one on one coach in technique, that is if his personality will allow him to be teachable. Perhaps the reason he didn’t leave is no one would want him, would you? He’s fooled two universities with that big arm. But he doesn’t like contact, has bad timing, bad touch on passes, and the games too fast for him at times. But he has the raw material for a great QB. He needs a qb coach who can reach him. If he gets in the nfl it wouldn’t shock me to see him transform into a great one.

20. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

He's like a poor man's Jamarcus Russell. He's not salvageable.