POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some weird reactions. What do we need with a washed up arms dealer we've had for 10 years?

Equine Ducklings and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell, I hope they get a deal for Whelan too. I have no problem swapping POS Russian criminals for American prisoners.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

How about the American who’s been imprisoned for 4 years who fought for our Country vs shitting on it

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This should have been a 2 for 1 deal if we were going to do it.

If he's home by 24 he's going to make a lot of money doing the circuit and commercials.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That wasn't the deal that was available.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So let person A sit in prison if person B isn't also freed? What?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys wouldn't tell Griner's family that she should be locked up right now. This is armchair bullshit.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What do we need with an apparently very dumb women's basketball player?

9. Ssmiff

And a biden supporter not seeing any issue isn’t surprising at all

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not as bad as the Obama Administration’s Bowe Bergdahl swap. Looks like our government is making incremental progress.

ole_orange likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretend to be a reasonable middle position, someone believes it somewhere. I am sure of it. Why didn't the previous administration get him out in 2018, 2019, or 2020?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your fellow citizen was being detained unjustly overseas and is free. Shame on you for making it about her job or how intelligent you think she is or her perceived value.

NorrisAlan and Unimane like this.
  13. Ssmiff

I just realized Whelan was a big trump supporter. no more questions necessary.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you answer why he was not released in 2018, 2019, or 2020? We had this arms dealer since 2010. So why wasn't this trade made before? I didn't even know he was a Trump guy. That makes this question even more pertinent.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Still don't care.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd ask him why he thinks he wasn't released in 2018-2020. I am sure someone has an answer since Griner being released in a 1 to 1 deal is apparently not okay.

17. Ssmiff

If I roll to Honduras today, buy drugs and get arrested, I’m [uck fay]ed. I don’t believe “intelligent” would be a label given to me if I did.
    Honestly don’t give a shit if she’s here or there. Bad trade is a bad trade. Really no debate about it.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We have a multitude of fellow citizens in the United States being detained unjustly that we could have freed instead of trading prisoners with Russia. If she were a 5'1" woman that couldn't play basketball, no one would care. Shame on everyone for making it about her job and fame.

zehr27 and Indy like this.
  19. Ssmiff

I really don’t either. Here, there, wherever. The rationales are entertaining and really just how silly it all is from not standing for the anthem to weed and imprisoned in Russia then traded for someone called “merchant of death”. Sounds more like a skit from a Leslie Nielsen movie.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Of course, of course.

BTW - get me her family's info. I'll gladly and happily tell them he should have come home before her.

zehr27, VolDad and utvol0427 like this.