Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Understood. But the days of loading your depth might be gone. Interesting to see how teams like Bama try to save those 2-3 deep. Maybe another meaningless stat could be recruiting ranking. I won’t say that stars don’t matter but stars won/lost may count more. Say Bama has the #2 class but loses 4 great recruits to the portal. How does that rank? Just got me thinking since we got several really good players but our rank isn’t at the top…Might be that top talent below starters doesn’t stick. Just a thought.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ga picked up Ra Ra and Lovett

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Rich get richer. How it goes.

And Kentucky has another first-round draft pick QB whose name starts with L haha

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That actually surprised me that both went there. They are likely going to be a very run heavy team next year so it's not going to be a great offense for a WR to build their NFL resume.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I mean there’s a long list of 4 stars that go to Georgia and Alabama and don’t really have a shot at playing or if they do play won’t get the opportunities they would have had elsewhere. I suppose it’s a little more surprising when experienced transfers do it.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's a lot more surprising when transfers do it. They are not usually coming in as freshman and are usually leaving a team where they are getting playing time already.

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Just goes to show what everyone is fighting against with Georgia and Alabama.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

What the hell. What happened with Lovett?

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Likely getting kid from Oregon. Seems to be between us and auburn. Visiting early January.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Heupel put a lot of effort in getting him

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do like what they've done in the portal so far

The BYU linebacker is an immediate starter, he's an NFL talent. Pair him with Beasley and let the young guys develop

The tight end is an immediate starter that allows Ethan Davis to get healthy and come along slowly.

The Indiana kicker is a solid kicker, he's an immediate starter.

The Texas olineman probably takes Carvin's spot at guard but he's also played tackle. He's a good swing lineman.

I don't think receiver is a huge need unless you get one with multiple years of eligibility. A safety would be great but if Matthews and Gibson pan out, Charles and Slaughter can play nickel/safety.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I really like the addition of Keenan Pili. I think the staff is looking to him to make sure our defense is lined up properly but that's just a guess.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be honest, it isn't worth going to the wall for freshmen transfers.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So Florida has an all-SEC OL in the portal? Can’t say I hate it.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Unless you recruited the guy and finished 2nd

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm curious to see how long this portal/NIL structure remains. I could certainly be wrong, but I don't see it sustainable the way it is. Between the two, the portal rules are what I'm guessing would be tweaked first.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Justin Williams-Thomas heading to Stanford.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good for him

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We need to go hard after the Arkansas safety. He is exactly what we need for this defense.

justingroves and IP like this.
  20. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Putting myself in the portal. I’m out, last post. Thanks for the fellowship.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.