POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I have read it and don’t know if the 13% number is legitimate, but I do know the study was done by employees of an organization that works with companies to remove gas lines from buildings.

Prolly legit.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And not once on here have I posted that vax is causing this with some.
    wondering if it could be shouldn’t warrant such reactions.

I will say this and to each their own but I have a son who is playing a rigorous sport right now with a lot of running. I’m glad he isn’t vaxed.
    What would you be thinking as a parent right now of a 16 yr old who has had covid? You going to keep boosting or in the back of your mind do you have more heart concerns than you do concerns of getting the virus.

3. juicemane

juicemane Member

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circulationaha.111.023861

Here’s a research article from 2012 from the american heart association.

it says that on average, a competitive athlete dies of sudden cardiac death every 3 days in the United States. Do you remember stories coming out that often about this back then? Do you think there might be some incentive to report on more of these cases now than 10 years ago?

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and The Dooz like this.
  4. HCKevinSteele

Of course there’s an incentive. I don’t know what the rate is now. More than 3? Less?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your friend's kind of work is why we don't even think about that stuff. He probably doesn't either. Smoke going out and the stove burning efficiently is our standard now.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My wife never turns on the vent when she uses the gas range. I thought about saying something but at this point I'm just counting on the life insurance payout.

justingroves likes this.
  7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Can India not serve a similar role?

Maybe not as a manufacturing company coming, but I’m fairly bullish India in general.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If we stay in the post WW2 globalization model, I’d say India and Vietnam will be winners.

if we go back to more regional pre WW2, I’d say Mexico will soak up a lot of what we don’t produce in house.

it just seems like the run of globalization is hurting and we might go back to more regional trading instead of everyone and everywhere

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looking south would be good for emissions too.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, I have read a bit. Why are you upset about increasing manufacturing standards of future stoves to reduce children's asthma? No one is taking anyone's stoves.

11. HCKevinSteele

Have to admit I trusted I was getting an accurate story from a couple of mainstream media articles and headlines this morning, all of which were calling it a potential ban.

But then saw a tweet from an account I trust afterwards that cut through the noise and was saying this is just about improving standards. Much ado about nothing I guess.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The poor director or whatever is out here saying "I will not take your stoves."

I don't know how old you are, but in the 90's there was a huge uproar about low flow toilets. Now they all are and you really can't tell a difference once the manufacturers were only making those and perfected them. Ditto with shower heads. Before my time, people freaked out about unleaded fuel. In my time, I was working in water conservation when a new local rule regarding high efficiency sprinklers came out. Total freak out. But at the end of the day, all it meant was as you naturally replace the heads, do it with the HE ones. You'll save money by the end of the 1st summer.

Same thing with LED bulbs. Which are going to change again soon by the way.

It's mostly fears and misunderstanding. It can be sometimes inconvenient in the way any change can be, sure. It can be a useful social wedge issue, so these things get hyped up.

No one is taking toilets, shower heads, light bulbs, carburetors, or now stoves. The new stuff just needs to be better. In 20 years, no one will remember this but asthma rates will be falling.

SetVol13 and Unimane like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, refrigerants, cfc's, and the Montreal protocol for the ozone hole. Everyone freaked out. 30 years later the hole is closing up and no one thinks about the tech/design change. Without it, tons more skin cancer.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

Your comment made me think about Trump tweeting how he’ll fix the horrible new age toilets that apparently aren’t strong enough to flush his McDonalds turds down his golden toilet.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, that was a big talking point in the early 90's. It doesn't make sense to us using the toilets from the late 90's on. Right when the rule changes, the new thing sucks if the only model on the market is some niche thing, but industry catches up

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some of those low flow toilets still won't hardly flush, you got to get the right brand names

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Those extra flushes shall henceforth be called perfection flushes.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, there is a difference between a toilet built for low flow and a toilet to purpose that is also low flow. The former ones suck.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe you need more fiber in your diet. Maybe you need to look for a new toilet. If it is from the 90's, it may be time to explore new thrones.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m all for epa and the agencies to suggest what they’d like on stuff and even give out their brand award but shouldn’t be mandatory on the majority of this shit.

I hate epa fuel cans. And think they make you spill more fuel than the older ones.

Most this stuff looks good on paper and sounds good for the press bite but sucks in application and doesn’t even do what it’s intended to solve and just makes it cost more

warhammer and justingroves like this.