POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

U.S. failed to detect past Chinese spy balloons over United States -U.S. general (msn.com)

We're over here pointing fingers at each other for political points when it is strictly a national security issue. I saw someone speculate that China may have been hoping we'd eventually detect and shoot these down as a future excuse to shoot down US assets around Taiwan and in the South China Sea where they claim territory.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

After all this drag talk today, I had to pop in the Birdcage. I love that movie

gcbvol likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The Chinese playbook is so predictable. No doubt they will use this as an excuse to advance their South China Sea territory grab down the road. They have to just love the petty political in fighting over all this as well. Even our national security and former national security officials are publicly disputing each other over what is what. People using this as an excuse to become more angry and paranoid at the opposition party of their team instead of China is nuts.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Didn't know drag brunch was a thing. Need deets.

gcbvol likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's, uh, brunch but with drag queens performing during it. Sort of the long and short of it. You can drink a bottomless mimosa while watching the interpretive dancing of someone named Mimosa Bottom.

ole_orange likes this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's everywhere in Nashville. You'd be shocked at how some of these queens make bank from tips too. I have a gay friend we all grew up with from HS who is now a Drag Queen on the side that pulls in hundreds of dollars in tips each time he performs somewhere in Nashville. I have never understood the appeal to the whole drag thing personally-just ain't my cup of tea entertainment wise-but it is most definitely a thing that is a very popular form of entertainment for many folks out there.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just not where I want to eat. Guy in memphis used to go to strip club for lunch buffet and the thought of grabbing the tongs after other people in general, much less at a strip club, wasn’t appealing to the palate.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not surprised. I have a friend I went to school with that, last I heard, was living in New York. He did all kinds of drag shows and performed on gay cruises. He was making bank. That said, I've never heard of drag brunch. I feel like they should use that as their selling point for the people that think drag shows are the devil's work. Win them over with day drinking and breakfast meats.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd go once just to see what kind of lunch buffet a strip club would throw together.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's just men dressed like women lip syncing annoyingly catchy pop songs really. Typically the brunch versions of Drag are totally PG. Like I said, not my thing at all, but it is kinda hard to avoid them honestly if you live in Nashville and are in your 20s who sometimes meets up with friends at popular brunch spots on the weekends. It's been explained to me that "brunch" drag shows differ because those are designed to be the most vanilla and "family friendly" version of drag since they typically take place at mainstream establishments during the day time when everyone of all ages could be present, whereas most night time drag shows at the gay bars are indeed typically infused with X-rated humor and dancing.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Drag story time is fine as long as the characters are not dressed sexually or are wanting to read to children in order to send some kind of unnecessary LGBT or political message to kids. However, I'd leave the library and find something else to do with my theoretical children if I walked in and saw someone dressed like a demon alien. Much scarier than Barney the purple dinosaur imo

[​IMG]

12. Ssmiff

“It’s ok to have a pet worm” is pretty funny imo.

ole_orange likes this.
  13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I hear you. That's a scary fae.

ole_orange likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Usually a lot of fried food

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why did the previous ones just skim by Florida and Hawaii and then this one came fully into the US? Why this time and now? That's what we need to dive into as they don't do things by mistake. I saw that they have been working on these things for a long time and they can control them up to 328,000 feet in the air. They are up to something as usual.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Performative art.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not the worst thing either, though. No harm.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's style over substance to virtual signal. It's ultimately harmless, but the intent is to use as a cudgel to say "We're more patriotic!".

Low on the priority list is actually bothering to make a meaningful purpose of what they're reading.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Politicians virtue signaling? Gee, unheard of.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  20. Ssmiff

People get upset about everything nowadays. Literally nothing happens or is said without someone being upset.