All things NIL

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 20, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, all the same people. Very smart.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They need to stay out of it.

warhammer likes this.
  3. I visit my wife in Canada for about 6 months out of the year while we are waiting for papers.

She got an infection on her leg, and needed to see a doctor.

We went to an office that was five minutes away. There was no wait. Only one receptionist, because you don’t need 500 staff to handle insurance. She was seen immediately. There was no paperwork to fill out.

The doctor asked her about her tetanus shot. She couldn’t remember when she had it. He found the answer immediately. Because there’s only one health authority, all records are shared automatically between doctors. No medical histories or pages to fill out. They gave her some antibiotics (which were also free). We couldn’t have paid them if we wanted to, they don’t do that there.

I got sick while I was there back in April. I went in for some lab work. I asked the front desk how much the damage was. There was no charge. Technically I don’t have insurance as I’m not a legal resident, but they literally do not have any way to take my money, because that’s just not something they do there.

American healthcare is a [uck fay]ing nightmare compared to how other places have it figured out. We put up with so much bullshit.

10SEvols and IP like this.
  4. Oh, I forgot. When I got those labs done, the staff was extremely apologetic. “Unfortunately because you don’t have insurance you won’t be able to see your results online”. They were under the impression that this was somehow a big deal. The concept that I could have been on the hook for thousands of dollars in the US if I happened to have lost my job, just didn’t occur to them.

IP likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not only do we put up with so much bullshit, we defy any change to the system as the coming of a communistic conspiracy. It’s not changing.

IP and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Other than catastrophic coverage, "health" insurance is a giant expensive scam.

IP and Memtownvol like this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Don’t get it twisted, we may be brainwashed into believing change is a communist conspiracy, but that isn’t why change is never coming.

It is simply too profitable to rape and pillage the American people.

10SEvols, IP and Memtownvol like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

well it starts with FDA and lawsuits. FDA requires millions if not billions to be paid to play. Companies jack up prices to make up for it. Then you have surgeons and hospitals constantly sued in our ridiculous litigious society.