Tennessee vs Virginia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 28, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He said it was too early.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It’s moving the goal posts. All I did was make an observation he hadn’t been good so far, lol. All of his incompletions came in the first half except 1.

It wasn’t 2 throws as he claimed. He had a stretch where he missed 4 guys and 2 others that could’ve or should’ve been picked which is obviously what I was referring to.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s gonna be like that all year for stretches. Still 70% completion rate, no turnovers and maybe 2-4 bad reads or throws.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And some atrocious drops.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

I don’t think the ones he missed in the first half are going to be the norm. Some of those are pretty standard for him and he just missed. Wasn’t really about the touch on the throw either except the one he missed high in the middle.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

thats just one of those deals imo where you are so open, the ball already feels like it’s up there forever, and with Milton add a little more forever and the brain costs you.
    I mentioned at the time if he had to go up and get that ball with decent coverage he catches every one of those because there’s no time to think

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yeah as long as he’s not turning it over I think you kind of live with what Joe is. He’ll be frustrating at times, but mostly I think he’ll be pretty good. Which you could honestly have said about Hooker too. A lot of revisionist history that Hendon was perfect all the time.

Memtownvol, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Can't complain. Stuff to work on. Joe needs to run at 75% vs 110.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

Would like to see him run more too.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

His touch was better than it was when he first got here. He simply played better than he did before. He stared down a receiver or two and missed some throws, but this was not the same Milton we saw before. The offense needs to improve. That is true, but this is the first game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

... you are moving them. He said it was too early, you said in context it was in the game, I am pointing out to you that his response said it was too early, so it was in fact made within the context.

A normal person would say something like ya he definitely picked it up after that rough patch maybe I am just concerned about consistency.

But instead you have said it was true in context even though his response was TO the context.

zehr27 likes this.
  12. KyleAlexanderfan

Wrong. Reread the exchange. He tried to say I was worrying about something when I was simply making an observation. Those are not the same. I never said I was worried about Milton. And my reply did say he played fine in the 2nd half. He went on to complete 8/9. A lot of screens there though.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Your exact statement was Milton not good today. Not Milton has had a few bad series. What does today imply?

14. KyleAlexanderfan

My post was made in the first half. Stop being obtuse. He had just missed 4 throws and almost threw 2 interceptions. He had not been “good”. So not only were you wrong about “2 bad throws” you were also wrong about me worrying. He simply wasn’t good up to that point.

Special teams was not good today. Am I worried about it? That can’t be inferred from my post.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Milton didn't have all that good of a day, but had he gotten a little help with some drops, it would have been a lot better. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't terrible either.

IP and zehr27 like this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

John Adams was just pretty dead on. We feel like we’re gonna score every time we get the ball so when we have a 3 and out it just gets magnified, like, what happened? Nobody scores every possession

Memtownvol, SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4 bad throws in a half, holy shit. He is bad. You do this dumb shit all the time so it's not worth arguing with you about.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

6 bad throws actually. And that’s just the ones off the top of my head. 2 could’ve been picked. Take your ball and go home. You tried to put words in my mouth and come out looking like a [uck fay]ing idiot for it.

I’m sorry you can’t differentiate between an observation made in the first half and someone stating they are worried about Joe Milton this season. Go [uck fay] your self. If I wanted to say I am worried about Milton then I would just [uck fay]ing said I was worried about Milton/

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You are the saddest most miserable poster on this board.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

And you are a basic little [itch bay]. Blocked and reported.