Tennessee/Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we need more Sampson. That’s part of the issue. We need to get the ball to Bru, and Squirrel, and Ramel unless he keeps dropping it. And Wright needs 20. Small is solid. And we need to get Sampson involved. He will be #1 rb next year but if he doesn’t pager touches this year, who knows.
    Imo Small likely gets injured soon and Sampson touches go up.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

fair. run some draws.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have tried to work Thornton in, he hasn't made the most of his opportunities

TDVol1989, VOLinDAWGland and SetVol13 like this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Personally, I like when Old [breasts] Jiggle. They make me happy.

Please excuse me, I need to sit in the corner for a while.

justingroves likes this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is because, Milton is not Hooker and the players that Hooker had are gone.

Re: AP. From my perspective, they adjusted the play calling based on the D. Were there execution issues by the guys. Yes. Hence the player-called meeting.

I'm not an expert, but I've seen my fair share of Tennessee football under a bevy of HFC and QBs.

Heuple is the best one for adapting his "scheme" to the strength of the players. Cutcliff was pretty good, but "fans" [itch bay]ed and moaned about his "dink and dunk" phase, even when we won. Thank gawd it is not "2 yards and a cloud of dust".

I "think" they are still sorting out the game-time abilities of the players. This is not, nor will it ever be, the "2022 HH offense" even with Nico.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I will die for Heupel for at least another calendar year after that Bama win. He can coach how he wants to for a while w/o my input*

*subject to change.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

49-17 Tennessee

I think we come out and cram it down their throats, and Milton won't have to be great, just good.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn, calling your shot.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t know what to think. Reality is I’ve not thought about it much, which is surprising.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think we are either going to jump on them early and roll without Milton having to do much and win something like 45-21 or it's going to be a really ugly game and everybody is going to be calling for Nico and the Jorts win 23-20 or something like that. Nothing in between.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Swamp ain't what it was under Spurrier and Meyer.

We are the better team. If we lose it's because we played awful.

tvolsfan, justingroves and VanJake like this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

BVS kicking in...

reVOLt likes this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I feel strangely confident, peaceful. We may not be as offensively efficient as last year but we got dudes on O and D. I trust our coaching staff.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm sticking to this.

IP likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

33-17 Good guys

It's not pretty. They give up a couple deep and make a few more head scratching mistakes.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

27-20 Vols, is very stressful.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm going to go 41 - 13 Tennessee. Dee Williams gets a return td, defense causes two turnovers and squirrel and Keyton get a bomb each. Joe doesn't have to do much and Wright, Small and Sampson go to town

Tennessee left a lot of points on the field last year

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida doesn't have an elite athlete anywhere on the field and they have a statue at qb

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Devil's advocate: who were UVA's and AP's elite athletes?

warhammer likes this.
  20. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I’ll be happy with Florida taking their game plan and playing not to lose badly.