Tennessee/Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We crushed UVA and we still scored 30 on AP even on the worst night I have seen our offense play since Heupel got here. I think we pound Florida into submission and sign Napier's death warrant on the way out the gate.

reVOLt and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It’s early but UF technically has the #3 defense in CFB. Of course Air Force and Memphis are 1 & 2 so you can’t say too much yet. Point is, they are pretty good defensively.

Last year UF was 5/6 on 4th downs. Now they don’t have AR but the point is Billy is willing to go for it. I think we need to stay out of 4th and short on defense. BTW, we are #1 in TFL. That could help.

Let’s argue that Milton hadn’t played well but you can say consistent. 2/3 completions and 225yds. If that’s him not so good then wouldn’t a good game be better. He only needs to hit 1 deep ball to change it a bit.

We are better but have been before and lost. I think Beasley might own Mertz.

So, I’m thinking UF struggles to score unless we turn it over or give up too many 4th downs. I like our run game. Maybe Wright can pull a Travis Stephens. And ideally Milton runs 6-7 times for at least 60.

Vols - 30
    UF - 20

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Utah was playing with a 3rd string QB and their second game was McNeese St so I’m not sure their defensive numbers are particularly valid

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I remember in 97 when UGA came into Neyland with the #1 defense in the country because they had played no one and we put up darn near 700 yards on them.

Edited - #1 defense, bah.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    IP, NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What the hell does that matter?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because we didn't run them off the field exactly.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Devil's advocate- but who have we played?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We looked fine against Virginia. Keyton catches that 1 ball and the whole narrative is different.

AP, well, we all saw that one

justingroves likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I know this one. Virginia and Austin Peay!

Is there a prize?

I hope there's a prize.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

With this team there’s probably a very thin line between not running them off the field and absolutely ransacking their homes, firebombing their cars and stealing their women.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

SEC vs SEC football games are the best.
    This is the 1st big road test for this team.

I agree with Card's assessment.

Go Vols!!

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

Poppa T, lumberjack4 and IP like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee wins in a blowout or it's an ugly rock fight

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Youngest granddaughter birthday party at our house, Saturday. She has asked for cousin sleepover as well.

We need to win this game, so I am the "Tennessee won Poppa T". Nobody likes the "Tennessee lost Poppa T" (especially on your birthday).

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mine often aligns with the bammer game...

Poppa T likes this.
  17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Being an old geezer and where I grew up, Bama is, and always has been, on the top of my list. UF and UGA just pizz me off.

VolDad, warhammer, SetVol13 and 2 others like this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say he’s a statue. He can run a little bit if he has to. Similar to the AP or UVA QB.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nope

IP and zehr27 like this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

His career long rush is 24 yards, and his career best for rush yards in a single game is 22.

justingroves, IP and zehr27 like this.