2nd/3rd Year Rule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 21, 2023.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Shit changes in college football, and quickly. He was probably under the assumption that he wouldn't be sitting behind a OVC level QB and would have a year to learn.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

squirrel is back but Webb or Nimrod aren’t difference makers

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think it's the case of Heupel being a great coach with horrible instincts. When he came in he looked around the offense and felt like he didn't have any WRs and Milton was the only QB. We all saw how that played out.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And there's 5 games left

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Do we have any contributors on the team that could still qualify for a COVID year?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bru and Cooper

7. Ssmiff

What makes you think Nico wouldn’t have been sacked from behind with our LT not getting a hand on the DE? I mean come on. Haven’t seen one person mention the LT on that play. Just Milton Milton Milton, who was our only offense

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Fair enough but I think Heupel compares extremely favorably to the shit of the past decade.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm hoping they're building timing/chemistry with Nico right now.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Milton was very good today. I was happy with what he showed.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think he's 1-2 games better than what we've had but also 1-2 games under what we want to be.

It just is what it is. I also think he'd be doing better if he had the ability to pull in Top-5 teams every year but either our brand sucks or he's not a recruiter or both.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not worried about it. Next year feels like the year to measure Heupel by. He will have his QB, and the roster is his creation, at that point.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm by no means out on him. I still support him 100%, but think it's fair to point out the shit just like we praise the good. There are definitely some concerning things, but I have no issues riding with Heupel as he gets them fixed.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

And just a reminder, Ga never has to play at the swamp or at Bama and deal with bullshit, crowds and refs. We aren’t so lucky.
    And Kesling is still here, so there you have it.

utvol0427 likes this.
  15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If you told me that Milton would go 28/41 for 271 yards and 2 TDs while the D gave up only 350 yards I'd have said we win by 14, not lose by 14.

The issue was the complete void of a run game. While the run calls weren't inventive, our OL showed it's ass today after everyone signing their praises against A&M.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are you talking about the strip sack? He held that ball for AGES.

17. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

If you want to BE the best you have to BEAT the best. Would you rather it be different?

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You should be pelted with tomatoes for saying this.

19. Ssmiff

Yes he held on, and LT got whipped, and nobody was open.
    He just needs to plant and throw or run in this offense with the worst we group in the sec

20. Ssmiff

yeah, I would prefer Ga to have to go to the swamp at night and at bama this year instead of us, and wish we played UF at a neutral site and against Auburn instead.