2nd/3rd Year Rule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 21, 2023.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No receiver is going to help a qb like Milton

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

From my pedestrian perspective, it seems that our offensive challenges have been varied, from coaching decisions to Milton to OL (especially when Cooper was not at center) to receiver drops/ poor separation to perimeter blocking (especially after Bru went down) to general brain farts.

We have (and had) the ability to win every game as a team, but everybody has to be accountable, mentally and physically, every play to make up for the shortcomings of the individual. That being said, the Bama game reffing (or lack thereof) is a variable not easily overcome, but it can.

Neyland's Maxims are critical to this team's success. Slack on one and this team struggles and victory is a crap shoot.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A good receiver would catch a few of these off target passes on the slant routes that we've dropped continually all season. Would also at least make the defense bend more.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

but he’s not a big tall guy. He seems to always catch balls when smothered. Joe probably lacks the touch as well. Need a 6’4 guy and throw it up. Get a PI and 1st and goal. We are so limited down there

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And get off the line and get open. You go back and watch games with this group and we really struggle with getting off the line and getting separation. We didn’t last year.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Basilio apparently said today that Oregon and Notre Dame’s NIL’s have reached out to Nico.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Isn't that tampering? Don't rules dictate that he would have to reach out first.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I take everything Tony says with a gigantic grain of salt, but I'd laugh if some shit like this happens and we lose Nico.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why would Nico leave with the starting gig handed to him on a silver platter next year?

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

18 year olds don't always make great decisions.

I don't think it happens, but I'd also not be surprised.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

With transfer portal and all the trappings this should not come as "breaking news".

Pre-NIL and portal, it reminds me of the "Oh lawd, X reached out to our HC!!!"

Now the talking heads can expand to players.

12. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

Allow me to rephrase: Joe Milton Sucks

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don’t think so since they aren’t on staff. I think even players can reach out.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Total load of shit.

Memtownvol likes this.