2nd/3rd Year Rule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 21, 2023.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm assuming this year is 7-5 or 8-4 at best, which would be roughly 2 games ahead of what we had with Jones who averaged about 6-7 wins/year.

I think Heupel is regressing to the 9 win/year club. Perhaps 1-2 was a shade under reality but I don't think he'll be consistently winning 10-12 games here. So I'll amend to "he's 2-3 games better but 1-2 games under what we want".

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Use your weekly still shot to show us what the play looked like shortly before the sack.

He held the ball for ages. He should have ran the ball.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Either the LT got whipped, or Milton held the ball for ages in the pocket. Both can’t really be true on the same play.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don’t think there was any intent to RS him at first, but when he wasn’t able to go against Austin Peay the plan changed. Obviously you throw that out the window if Joe gets hurt, but barring that, he can play against UConn and Vandy and maintain a RS and I think that’s the current plan.

tn_longrifles and utvol0427 like this.
  5. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Seems like an Ohio State view on things. I'll give a hard disagree, I want to beat Alabama, Florida, and Georgia in each year regardless of venue...or you don't deserve a title (SEC or "national") at all. Go ahead and give it to a B1G school so they can pretend to be great.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think it's more on Milton.

Yeah, the LT got whipped but Milton has to have that clock in his head that says "if I haven't gotten this out in 2 seconds, I better scramble or I'm going to get whacked".

Hooker had that clock. Milton doesn't. Our OL isn't good enough to compensate.

A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Use your google, do it yourself and show me the LT making his block and the open wr.

8. Ssmiff

the plan with the family and with the program was to always RS this year.

9. Ssmiff

that’s fine. Keep drinking. See you again posting after the next L.

AbeFroman likes this.
  10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Heupel openly said in a presser before UVA that they were not planning on a RS. Now he may have been just lying but that is what he said.

11. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

This is fair. I really only post and vent after a loss.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

I think the wrist was an issue early when he had a chance to play but Nico wasn’t brought in to be a starting qb this year.

13. Ssmiff

All of us hate to lose

AbeFroman likes this.
  14. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Thank goodness for chat that basically disappears after the game.

15. Ssmiff

Wasn’t in it tonight. I’m sure it went from happy and surprised to pissed, which means Indy likely got in a chat fight. Who was it with tonight?

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Indy V 182 Part 3,420.

warhammer likes this.
  17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

90% of our class are 4+ stars on at least one site and 75% are consensus 4+ stars. That’s about as good as we’ve ever done on the trail. String together 3 classes like that and you’ve got something pretty close to a Bama roster wearing orange.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Indy was right from the jump, meanwhile, govols182 assured all of us that everything was fine, basically right up until Bama took the lead.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

IMG_2607.jpeg
    Open receiver with time to throw.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I watched the play with my eyes as it happened. Milton held the ball too long and missed the obvious lane to tuck the ball and run.

A-Smith and DC Vol like this.