Bama Thoughts NSFW

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 21, 2023.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, Milton was bad, and the playcalling and lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball were far worse

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Guys I still think the arms out deal means ball is dead. Usually it goes over their heads into end zone, which used to be a live ball, but is dead due to the signal.
    Ncaa probably making adjustments soon as the Iowa play was even worse.

3. Ssmiff

Id be fine with Nico starting the rest of the year but don’t think Milton was bad yesterday. We needed our rushing game to compete and it wasn’t there. Playcalling has been weird all year and our 4th down pack everybody in tight and snap it 6 yards deep drives me crazy. Teams know where we are going with it everytime and send 7,8,9 defenders at the rb.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Seems the simplest solution is to be real men and get rid of the fair catch.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I will never understand taking the ball away from the line of scrimmage on 4th and very short, unless you have some kind of quick hit TE pass or something to throw in as a wrinkle. I hate when anyone does it. It’s one of the most consistently baffling things in modern football

VanJake, Ssmiff and utvol0427 like this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m just gonna pretend the season ended after the Squirrel catch

reVOLt and justingroves like this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The only explanation that makes sense is that we don’t practice going under center often enough to be comfortable with the exchange, especially on the road. If that’s not the answer, I can’t think of anything

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Basilio said FWIW his people told him the reason they don’t do qb sneak is because there is an increased chance of an OLmen getting injured. I have no idea, I say do what you have to do to get the first down but I can sympathize a little bit because we have approximately 2.5 SEC OLmen on the roster

9. Ssmiff

then we need to take 5 minutes and practice the sneak. 6’5 240 under center and we coulda snuck it multiple times this year. Our 4th down conversion rate is pathetic

Tar Volon likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't see how it would be anymore dangerous than Milton or a RB running into their backs with a bit of momentum. I don't know that I've ever seen a QB sneak end up with an injured lineman.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's crazy that last year against Bama, we lined up under center at the goal line and handed off to the guy (maybe Fant?) lined up in the FB position and scored a TD. Now we can't take snaps under center.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not per the ncaa rulebook.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fant got several carries from the FB spot.

15. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

we should have been up 28-0 going into the locker room at half time.
    I was there …OHT-J was the problem.

when he is on the sideline he seems like he is disengaged and in a world of his own.

at one point it looked like Gaston Moore was going in…he was suited up and ready warming up 23-20 …but Bama scored again and Milton got up and put his helmet back on.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

11) D'onte Thornton continues to be one of the most underwhelming roster adds in recent memory. I cannot for the life of me remember a receiver that has dropped so many passes. The drop he had at the 5 could have set us up for a touchdown instead of settling for a FG.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's a non factor.

warhammer, A-Smith and Duckman like this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Thornton is the most disappointing receiver since Kenny O’Neal.

Duckman likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

From that play on, the offense was dog shit. It's like when he dropped it they all collectively said "here we go again".

Duckman likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Set us up? Heck, one missed tackle and he scores.

CitrusCo.Vol, SetVol13 and Duckman like this.