NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I think if people expected his arm talent to manifest itself in NFL games like this, he would have gotten a lot less crap over the last 6+ months

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He has made touch throws between and over defenders I didn’t see him make at Ky.

Volsdude likes this.
  3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Didn’t say people doubted his arm talent. I’m saying he’s showing signs that he can orchestrate an NFL offense and operate under pressure with noticeable poise that is way better than most expected, especially given the circumstances. That in addition to his arm talent makes him potentially special. He has to continue to develop and has a ways to go, but he looks like he can do it right now.

4. Volsdude

I’m not anointing him, just saying if any other franchise had their rookie qb looking like this right now I’d wish the titans would have taken him with a 2nd round pick in case it works out.

NashVol11 likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As a Dolphins fan, I know not to get excited until 8 games in and defenses have film on him and before his brain realizes what he is doing and what is at stake and his brain just gives out.

Volsdude likes this.
  6. Volsdude

No doubt. And he made plenty of dumb throws and decisions to where he could have been picked 3 times and had a fumble so we could easily be having a different convo. Refs helped both teams offense stay on the field as well last night.

The thing I’m also keeping in mind is how good Hopkins has been. Levi’s threaded a needle to him here and there, but he targets the shit out of him (which he should). If Hopkins goes down do some of these gutsy throws start looking stupid? Any qb would look worse losing a guy like that, but it does make you think about a chicken or the egg scenario some of the time. Not that I think it’s all DHop, just don’t know how much he might be elevating him.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tannehill wouldn't try those throws, so at least Levis has that going for him

ole_orange, Volsdude and NashVol11 like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Dolphins showing why they are a paper tiger. All the fins wins come against teams that are 7-31 (fast math, could be a tiny bit different).

Any time they play a team with a decent record they fold like a cheap suit

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well you don’t see that everyday

NashVol11 and justingroves like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

Well.

[uck fay]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  11. NorrisAlan

What a pathetic finish.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Vikings WR just got knocked out cold. Damn. Hope he will be ok. But he went down and didn’t move

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Poor Dobbs. Takes a safety on first drive. Fumbles on 2nd and leaves wr hanging and almost killed on the 3rd drive

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'm all for player safety, but they gotta start dialing back on this roughing the passer insanity. It's tarnishing the product now.

15. Volsdude

The passtronaut is starting to cook

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Can we finally dispense with the notion that Cam Akers is anything more than a mediocre third down back?

17. HotlantaVol

HotlantaVol Member

So ready for the Failcons to fire Arthur "Trust Fund" Smith. Hopefully Blank will also sell the team to somebody who understands what competent GMs and coaches look like.

Volsdude likes this.
  18. Volsdude

Does the GM suck? I dont follow the Falcons just looked over them when the Titans were going to play. The offense looked loaded outside of QB and the defense was top 10 I thought, but may be misremembering.

19. HotlantaVol

HotlantaVol Member

I'm unimpressed. May be too early to tell on Fontenot, but he's largely unproven. https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/nfl-gm-power-rankings-atlanta-falcons-terry-fontenot

Arthur Smith is a horrible coach, assuredly.

Volsdude likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ravens seem pretty decent.

HotlantaVol likes this.