Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We better get Matthews in early and from what I read, Staley really made a big jump Sr year. Just from what I see, and it’s hard to compare, both of them would be upgrades.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Nico is what we expect him to be, he's only got two more seasons here

Poppa T, NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Spent some time watching Brazell this morning. When Tulane was inside 10 and saw man coverage, B ate them up with crossing and several whip routes. For 6’5, his footwork is like a slot on his whip routes which require selling it, change of direction and explode to be ready to catch the ball. From what I saw, his footwork and hands much better than Thornton. Fluid. Only squirrel can run the whip as effective.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wesley Walker in the portal

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Not turning pro?

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Iowa switching to the air raid.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Something other than sports

warhammer likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

He made some plays here and there

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He played pretty decent imo. Came up well against the run. Our safeties are just never near the ball and breaking on a wr before or as the pass is made. Got them so focused on not getting beat deep and keeping everything in front of them, they only get INTs with horrible throws. We need an old school ballhawk back there.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I hate to see him leave just for this reason. Something is def going on for the amount of guys to be hitting the portal from our defensive backfield.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I wonder if the NIL money is going to the younger ones and they are not really concerned with those leaving.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I doubt that is the case with Walker. He's been here two years and recieved negligible playing time because his position coach has been enamored with the lesser talented McCollough. It makes zero sense to hit the portal now when he's finally going to start and ideally build a resume for the draft.

Don't take this as me being overly optimistic but I think the defensive backfield recieved some less than encouraging news from the staff about their future and it has played out in bowl preparation.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His step brother signed with Ole Miss

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

They’re basically processing all of those older guys for the younger ones.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you mean, processing? I'm not understanding.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Soylent Orange

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm imagining Charlton Heston stumbling around twitter shouting "They're people! The players are people!" at vol twitter as they trash kids publicly.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We picked up a two year starter at LB from Wofford, Eli Purcell, as a walk on too. Knoxville kid

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Politely asking them to look around because their playing time is expected to decrease. (I don’t know if that’s what’s happening, though it’s plausible. But that’s what the term means).

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'd guess the bowl practices have been instructive of what the future holds. Probably don't even have to suggest they look around, the practice reps tell them all they need to know.

justingroves likes this.