23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I was there. It was loud at moments, but it was not a very rowdy crowd.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It had its moments but it wasn’t start to finish. Students being out doesn’t help, and when they are there, they’re stuck behind the baskets

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The students still aren't back from break yet

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Top 4 in Ken Pom now.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The game on Wednesday is not nearly as favorable by the stats. MSU is 29 on KenPom right now and it is on the road. They're also coming off of a loss.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

WGWTFA

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Not sure why, but an official Arkansas women’s basketball account post popped up on my Facebook feed. It’s a video with a one word post that says “FOURTY.” I guess someone scored 40. Been up for 6 hrs and no one has pointed that it’s spelled forty. Made me laugh. Seems about right for Arkansas.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They won by forty. I had to go check to make sure they don’t have a player named Four and are doing a pun or something. They don’t seem to be.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn, this is an elite tweet.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So odd he has a nice righty release on his shot outsidw 6 feet, but inside he’s not good with the right and more comfortable with that awkward lefty off the glass. His confidence is way up. Have to see if he keeps being more physical. btw didn’t somebody on here a couple weeks ago complain in the middle of a game that “Aidoo hasn’t improved at all.”?
    only real complaint I have with him right now is his tendency to take a 15 footer with nobody underneath when we are in a little drought. I like that we have players who want to end the drought, but he does that once or twice a game at not the best times. He’s hit a few too, but at least let someone get down there to rebound.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

the rebels are going home
    The rebels are going home
    The rebels are going home
    Yeah yeah yeah

12. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s very skilled. I don’t think he is averse to contact but it’s not really in his nature either. Gotta keep being physical. I like the fact that he tried to posterize a guy the other night. Sometimes he throws up a layup when he should just dunk it. He’s a pretty good passer too.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like he's massively improved from those Maui games. Sure, the competition is not as tough but he took something away from it on how to use his advantages over smaller players after having experienced it himself.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

does any current UT student get it? idk but us elder millennials sure appreciate it.

IP likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

In some ways he’s still learning how to be a big. In HS he grew from 6-1 to 6-11 in one year. He first learned basketball as a guard.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't know that and it makes so much sense.

Poppa T likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our schedule/resume is pretty dang legit. No losses against anyone outside the top 7. A top 10 win at home and top 15 road win.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Just checked a schedule with quadrants marked. We play four (current) Q1 games in our first fourteen SEC contests. We play four (current) Q1 games in our last four SEC contests.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

And we project to have 4 or 5 more losses.

20. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Quadrants, smodrants, just keep winning and everything will take care of itself. I don't care if we are a 16 seed in March, win all your games and it won't matter.